Author Topic: SVChucko's Seraph/TanTan FM10 build  (Read 2902 times)

SVChucko

Re: SVChucko's Seraph/TanTan FM10 build
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 07:48:09 PM »
The new binder bolt for the lower shock mount arrived Friday, and I just now installed it.

The first photo is the "before". Note the big gap between the end of the bolt and the surface of the flip chip.

The second photo is the "after". The 68mm bolt is a perfect fit; it's nearly but not quite flush with the flip chip.

The third photo shows the difference between the original bolt and the replacement. The circles indicate areas of visible wear on the bolt surface. The wear mark on the left lines up with where the rocker meets the shock mount bushing. The middle mark is near the eye of the shock. The mark on the right is where the bushing meets the rocker arm on the other side.

You can also see how few threads were holding the bolt in place!

The 29" rims have arrived from Dairsbike, along with brake rotors and an 11-50 11-speed SL cassette from ZTTO. I've ordered spokes from WheelBuildingParts dot com, an L.A. area vendor. they had the best price on Sapim Race 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes. As soon as the spokes arrive, the wheel building can begin.

For the gram geeks, the Dairsbike rims claimed 460g, and the one I weighed is 457g. Koozer claims 170g front, 320g rear for the XM490pro hubs; I got 186g and 329g respectively. The ZTTO cassette claims 590g, and my scale says 579g, including the zip tie holding it together for shipping. I didn't bother weighing the brake rotors.

Next purchase for the FM10 will be tires.