Author Topic: Those with AM831 built, are you happy with it if not including flexing issue?  (Read 4962 times)

emu26

Snacks, I'm glad I'm not the only one that reads, and comprehends, what is being said.

cybrsrce

I may actually have been the one over reacting a bit and that's probably due to my unique issue (the frame rub) that Eddy refuses to acknowledge or help with. But going back over the thread , I still stand by what I said.

I don't think any business in the world would ask how high. Maybe a trampoline park? ;D But I can tell you light carbons' and velobuilds after sale support is night and day better than what I have received with heideli. I got any documentation, torque specs,  new bearings or pretty much whatever I needed straight away from Carol at light carbon. I've had an even better experience with Chris from velobuild. If there was ever a problem , I'd show proof with a couple pictures and a replacement or fix was sent ASAP. Not once did I have to argue with them, wait days upon days for a reply or get ignored like with heideli. This is amongst other issues I've had, the two biggest (other than the flex) were the paint quality being terrible and it's been like pulling teeth trying to get any help for this frame rub. I'm not sure how many pictures and emails I've sent but they refuse to do anything about it. Well to be honest, it's not a refusal per say, Eddy just doesn't reply to any email where I bring it up.

I don't think you are, there is something uniquely wrong with your frame.  They are not responding to your legitimate claim, that is an issue.

In response to your other post -
It's been said a more than a few times now that the design is flawed and it's clearly problematic if a lot of us are going with JJJ's bolts to fix it. Since you agree that they did know about the issue months ago, why is it ok for them to sell off the stock of a frame with a known flaw like this? You say that's how industry works. But if any other company did this wouldn't there be a fix provided at no cost or a recall as is true with auto manufacturers? I can't imagine any consumer in any industry being ok with flawed products being sold and sent out when the issue is known and acknowledged by the company producing it. That would be like samsung still selling the exploding note phones just to finish off current stock before selling ones that don't explode.

Let me put it in a way that made it easier for me to follow, hope it helps for others -
The original frame with all the issues we'll call AM831 v1.0 (triangle v1.0).
The frame shipping soon with the upgraded triangle will be AM831 v2.0 (triangle v2.0).
Did they actually fix the link but adding 2mm of threads?  I bought a manually tap to do just that and I no longer need a washer.  Anyway, I'll call that v1.5.
Are people getting a v1.5 frame after Haideli were made aware of the issue?  Do frames ordered after Eddy told them that is was fixed have the same issues as the 1.0 owners? 
I would like to know, it would change my opinion from misunderstanding of what "fix" means to somewhere between emu26's and your stance.  I'm giving Haideli the benefit of the doubt based on my daily interactions with nonnative English speakers.

The 1.0 connection style isn't the best design but it works.  "Could be better" to flawed is a big leap as it isn't a catastrophic failure.  Yes, JJJ's mod will make it better like any after market upgrade should.

And Samsung continued to sell the exploding phones.  It was a feature, not a bug :)

Also, I completely understand how heideli can't magically change the rear triangle while the frame is in transit. However, it seems Eddy did confirm the flex was fixed to a couple people but in actuality they got the same frame we did with the same flawed design and flex. Attached are a couple pictures of those comments. If you check the group buy A thread around the times of these comments i think you will find a couple more people saying the same thing.

Maybe I'm a bit naive when it comes to Chinese open mould frames but I don't think this was due to a language barrier or misunderstanding. Which is truely unfortunate, as i was hoping having him here would be a boon for the community.

Going back to it being two separate issues, the connection slop that will make it feel flexy may have been dealt with on triangle 1.5.  Triangle 2.0 incorporates additional changes like adding material and thickness to deal with the real flex that clydes like me experience.  If they received the frame after Eddy told them it was fixed and they still have play in the connection then Haideli is at fault.

Snacks

Let me put it in a way that made it easier for me to follow, hope it helps for others -
The original frame with all the issues we'll call AM831 v1.0 (triangle v1.0).
The frame shipping soon with the upgraded triangle will be AM831 v2.0 (triangle v2.0).
Did they actually fix the link but adding 2mm of threads?  I bought a manually tap to do just that and I no longer need a washer.  Anyway, I'll call that v1.5.
Are people getting a v1.5 frame after Haideli were made aware of the issue?  Do frames ordered after Eddy told them that is was fixed have the same issues as the 1.0 owners? 
I would like to know, it would change my opinion from misunderstanding of what "fix" means to somewhere between emu26's and your stance.  I'm giving Haideli the benefit of the doubt based on my daily interactions with nonnative English speakers.

The 1.0 connection style isn't the best design but it works.  "Could be better" to flawed is a big leap as it isn't a catastrophic failure.  Yes, JJJ's mod will make it better like any after market upgrade should.

That actually helped quite a bit. I would hope at the very least they provided the v1.5 after they were made aware but l'm just as curious as you to get a definite answer. Based on what I read I assumed it was the same v1.0 frames they were getting still but we all know what happens when you assume. So hopefully someone who recently got their frame can chime in.

And I hear ya giving them the benefit of the doubt, I did the same early on for the same reasons. I grew up in a mostly non English speaking household so I completely understand how things get lost or misconstrued in translation. However, after reading a few unhappy replies and based on my interaction with him it seems to me like he knew what he was saying.

And Samsung continued to sell the exploding phones.  It was a feature, not a bug :)
I laughed a little too hard at this. The people in my office are now on to the fact that I may not be working as much as I seem to be.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:51:57 PM by Snacks »

deucelee

wow, well this pisses me off but I'll have to think more about keep it.  Parcelmonkey.com wants $229 to ship it back.  Shippo.com wants $285 to ship it back.  Thankfully pirateship.com only wants $139 but that's still a good chunk of change.  :( >:( :-\ I got another day to consider keeping or sending it back.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:36:50 PM by deucelee »

emu26

wow, well this pisses me off but I'll have to think more about keep it.  Parcelmonkey.com wants $229 to ship it back.  Shippo.com wants $285 to ship it back.  Thankfully pirateship.com only wants $139 but that's still a good chunk of change.  :( >:( :-\ I got another day to consider keeping or sending it back.

That's what I was saying in the start of this reply.

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3539.msg33374.html#msg33374

deucelee

That's what I was saying in the start of this reply.

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3539.msg33374.html#msg33374

alright bro...I guess I was $40 off my original estimate.  Might still be worth it instead of paying them $240 or whatever for a new triangle.  If I keep it, I'd have to have faith that JJJ's solution will take care of it :)

emu26

alright bro...I guess I was $40 off my original estimate.  Might still be worth it instead of paying them $240 or whatever for a new triangle.  If I keep it, I'd have to have faith that JJJ's solution will take care of it :)

So why then are you so "pissed off"?

That's 40% off the mark but that's ok. FTR when I posted my original comment I was trying to give you the heads up on just how expensive postage was to help you with your decision making.

Have you looked at packing it with the rear triangle removed and packed into the front triangle to reduce the volume of the package?  That might actually get you under the $100.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:33:16 PM by emu26 »

deucelee

So why then are you so "pissed off"?

That's 40% off the mark but that's ok. FTR when I posted my original comment I was trying to give you the heads up on just how expensive postage was to help you with your decision making.

Have you looked at packing it with the rear triangle removed and packed into the front triangle to reduce the volume of the package?  That might actually get you under the $100.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll consider that.  I'm pissed cus it made my decision harder lol.  If it was $200+, I'd keep it.  If it was under $100, would be a easier send off.  Between there? makes it harder to make a decision haha...it's all good. I'll make a decision by today and play with the numbers.  thanks man.

cybrsrce

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll consider that.  I'm pissed cus it made my decision harder lol.  If it was $200+, I'd keep it.  If it was under $100, would be a easier send off.  Between there? makes it harder to make a decision haha...it's all good. I'll make a decision by today and play with the numbers.  thanks man.

Does your frame actually have the bolt issue?  If not you could sell it as-is and probably break even on eBay or throw it in the classifieds here. 

If it does, meh, also in the classifieds with full disclosure?  No need to keep a bike that is too big and doesn't bring you joy.  Anyone willing to buy it from the classifieds won't be going at it blind.  Too small for my son or I would take it off your hands.

emu26 is spot on with shipping, I used to send my bike around minimally disassembled in a folding bike box.

deucelee

Does your frame actually have the bolt issue?  If not you could sell it as-is and probably break even on eBay or throw it in the classifieds here. 

If it does, meh, also in the classifieds with full disclosure?  No need to keep a bike that is too big and doesn't bring you joy.  Anyone willing to buy it from the classifieds won't be going at it blind.  Too small for my son or I would take it off your hands.

emu26 is spot on with shipping, I used to send my bike around minimally disassembled in a folding bike box.

How do I know I have the bolt issue? sorry I may have missed it.

cybrsrce

How do I know I have the bolt issue? sorry I may have missed it.

The ones that JJJ's mod replaces and the cause of the loose triangle.

deucelee

well, she's returned back with pirateship.  We'll see what I end up doing instead...thx guys for your thoughts and suggestions.