Author Topic: Carbon HT owners, have you tried beating on it decently? & how has it held up?  (Read 892 times)

deucelee

I'm getting pretty serious about picking up a HT, mostly for XC use.  The one in particular i'm closing in on is the BXT-MTB-056 because of the slackier HA compared to most.  It's 67 degrees.  Most out there are 68.5 or 69.5.

I'm just asking in general though as I don't care which one you have.  Just want a heat check on how durable these HT's have been.

Again, just want to see which one you have and how many miles have you put on it and/or how much abuse you think you've put on it? What are the highest jumps you've done to yours?

I don't plan to do too crazy of jumps but just want to know how they're holding up. At most, it'll probably be 3-4 feet drops.  Again, that's probably on the high end.  What kinda of feedback can you give me? thanks!

sim.r

I've had an exact copy of the specialized epic HT (2021 model) for 1 year, don't know the maker since I bought it from a store on Aliexpress, and I can't really complain about it, it's light and held up nicely. I even tried it on trail definitely not suited for an xc hardtail and did small jumps (2-3 feet) and nothing broke ahah

Boybiskit

Been riding mine on the North Shore in Vancouver for about 6 months and no problems yet. Airwolf YFM026*. When you're shopping around think about what fork length the geometry is calculated with. My bike currently has a 120mm loaner fork on that takes the head angle to 67 degrees. The slacker seat angle is made up for by seat being moved forward a little.

* It's possible I'm lucky or have an impending failure. Some others have been having trouble with the frame / the manufacturer. For me, both have been excellent.

deucelee

Good to hear, guys.  Thanks for your feedbacks.