Author Topic: Titanium Gravel bike: PYTitans build thread  (Read 6528 times)

kubackje

Re: Titanium Gravel bike: PYTitans build thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2023, 05:39:07 AM »
Here the build details:
- PYTitans Gravel frame Size 52
- Zerace RX4 crankset and BB with 42 Tooth
- Sigeyi Power meter for SRAM
- Juintech F1 break calipers
- OG Evkin: Seatpost, Stem, Handlebar and Headset
- Toseek Saddle (Prologo copy)
- Elite Wheels 32mm/35mm with RD13 Hubs and Panaracer Gravelking SS 38mm Tubeless tires.
- Shimano 105 brifters and GRX RX812 Derailleur
- ZTTO 11-46 Casette
- Garbaruk Deraileur Cage with 15Tooth Meroca Pulley to get the 11-46 cassette to shift smoothly

Total weight including pedals, bottle cages and garmin mount: 9.2kg
First short test ride was good, now waiting for some warmer weather for a longer ride.

Hey Chris lovely build. I am refreshing this post as I would like to ask specifically about the og evkin seatpost. Is it comfortable? I currently have the elite one seatpost and its great because it has quite a nice flex so it's perfect for gravel in terms of compliance. Only problem is that with my new saddle without cutout it is almost impossible to adjust it because of no access to the top sestclamp bolt. That's why I wanna get the og evkin seatpost and wonder if it is comfortable and good at damping vibrations and maybe even some nice flex like the elita one for. Would love to get your input

ChrisB

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2024, 10:11:09 AM »
Hello @kubackje

Sorry for the late response, I have not been very active on bike builds in the past few months...
I was never completely happy with the original seat post, the fixation of the angle was not very stable until I put a lot of carbon paste inside which finally stopped the occasional slip.
Other than that the seat post was comfortable but was changed to a generic seat post with different clamp that allows 7x9mm carbon rails to be used. Comfortable and stable at the same time.

The bike is working great and I am loving the geometry and ride feel after more than 3'000km.
I like to try some new things, here the updated setup:
- PYTitans Gravel frame Size 52
- Racework N1 Carbon cranks with BSA BB an 42 Tooth chain ring
- Sigeyi Power meter
- Shimano GRX600 breaks
- OG Evkin: Stem, Handlebar and Headset
- Generic: Carbon seat post with 25mm offset for 7x9mm carbon rails
- Elita One Carbon Saddle (Prologo copy 143mm wide)
- Elite Wheels 32mm/35mm with RD13 Hubs and Panaracer Gravelking SS 38mm Tubeless tires.
- Shimano GRX600 brifters and GRX RX812 Derailleur
- ZTTO 11-46 Casette
- Garbaruk Deraileur Cage with 15Tooth Meroca Pulley to get the 11-46 cassette to shift smoothly

Ostriker

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2024, 12:33:09 PM »
Hey Chris,

im looking at the same fork and looking at different bolt color but cant find any seller saying the size of those bolt and got random answers which were pretty random.

Can you tell me if those are standard M5 10mm or 15mm?

Thanks!

ChrisB

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2024, 08:22:55 AM »
Hello Ostriker

The C-Wind fork uses M5x10 screws, to make it look nice I used some that are usually used for 6 bolt disc breaks.
Here an example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005495067094.html

Of course if you need to fix some rails, you may choose longer screws instead.

BR Chris