Chinese Carbon MTB > Metal Frames

Titanium Gravel bike: PYTitans build thread

<< < (2/4) > >>

stumpym4:
Looks a lovely frame :) ... Did originally order a Ti sonder Camino , but after waiting months , they cancelled my order as they had complete bikes to build rather than sell me a frameset id paid for etc months ago !!
 may look closer into the Ti market

00Garza:
Thats a great looking build! Did you have to source your own fork or was that part of the deal with PYTitans? Paint job on it looks fantastic.

ChrisB:

--- Quote from: 00Garza on January 20, 2022, 09:47:46 PM ---Thats a great looking build! Did you have to source your own fork or was that part of the deal with PYTitans? Paint job on it looks fantastic.

--- End quote ---

I chose a different fork from the Aliexpress seller Cwind:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003127524864.html

The quality was not as good as I hoped, I had to clean up the threads and the contact area for the flat mount calipers.
But with some elbow grease the problems were solved.

I decided to give a home made paint job a go and used the "marble" look. Automotive "Blue metallic" spray paint and a plastic foil were used to transfer the pattern to the fork.
The original matte black was sanded slightly with 800 grit sandpaper in preparation of the paint job.
To finish the surface I gave it two coats of clear 1k automotive grade lacquer.
Here is a video where I got the idea for the paint job:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PuX8LNhLNTI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe a full frame paint job in the future....   ;D

stumpym4:
Whats the rear tyre clearance like ?

cheers

ChrisB:

--- Quote from: stumpym4 on January 21, 2022, 12:47:39 PM ---Whats the rear tyre clearance like ?

cheers

--- End quote ---

Officially 42mm with a 700c wheel, this seems about correct.
My Panaracer Gravelking 38mm measures 40mm wide with my wheels and there is still plenty of space.

BR Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version