Author Topic: GR044 Post Build  (Read 1625 times)

cybrsrce

GR044 Post Build
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »
Frame: Seraph GR044 54cm with accessory mount fork
Stem & Handlebar: Integrated 100mm x 420mm (incuded)
Bar tape: Wolf Tooth Components Supple Handlebar Tape
Shifters: SRAM HRD Rival AXS
Derailleur: SRAM GX AXS
Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB BB386 Wide Road PressFit
Crankset: SRAM Rival 1 AXS Wide - 170mm 40t chainring
Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle 11-50T
Saddle: San Marco Aspide Dynamic Supercomfort Saddle
Pedals: Shimano PD-M520
Wheels: 700c Campagnolo Shirocco BT12
Rotors: SRAM Centerline CL 160mm F/R
Tires: WTB Venture 700x40
Barfly spoon mount for bike computer

Waiting for Rockshox Reverb AXS XPLR 75mm dropper to be available to replace the included seat post.

Quick build to replace my son's old college commuter that turned into a drop bar gravel conversion.
It went pretty smooth, there isn't a lot of room in the handlebar for cables and we only had the two.  I can imagine it might be rough to get shifter cables in there as well.  Otherwise it looks really nice with nearly no visible cables.
Used supplied headset bearings, they were pretty good.  The cover and spacers are an oddly fitting alloy two piece design.  Carbon would have looked nicer but it is fine.
Soooo many mounts on this frame - Three bottle cages, bolt-on bento box, accessory mounts on the fork, and full fender mount points front and rear.  It looks well thought out, I'm jealous.

Kinda crap picture, it was taken for him while waiting for him to bring over the old bike to move pedals.  If anyone is interested I'll take more (better) pictures the next time we ride or whenever the dropper arrives, whichever comes first...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:53:17 PM by cybrsrce »

Txapa80

Re: GR044 Post Build
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 04:58:58 AM »
Can you add the pictures of the build?

I'm rebuilding mine again as I had to change the brake outer cables to improve the braking.

cybrsrce

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:47 PM »
Can you add the pictures of the build?

I'm rebuilding mine again as I had to change the brake outer cables to improve the braking.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any during the build.  This install was really minimal with only the brake hoses in the frame so I didn't think it would be that interesting.  If you have a particular question let me know.

General build advice for this frame and others with near full integrated wiring is to run all the housing/hoses long and get the front end situated first.  All the tricky bits are at the front where you don't have the luxury of leaving a little cable length. 

For example, I needed a wire hanger to run the brake hose through the integrated bar and stem combo since there is a lip on the ports that my magnetic guide kept getting stuck:

Leaving the front brake hose long allowed me to run the cable without having to be in an awkward position of fully mounting complicating the rear brake hose run.  The fork has a cable channel so no fishing required. 
If you have a magnetic internal cable routing tool set the frame cable runs are simple and unobstructed.  There is also a door under the bottom bracket if you need a midpoint, dropper, or front derailleur cable access.

I could also see the housing bend from the stem headed into the spacers and head tube being hard on cables, I would consider the external cable mount if you have a 1x.

Txapa80

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 01:57:26 AM »
Thanks for the pictures.

I believe with that handlebar you can route nicely the cables, I just wanted to see how you routed them to compare with my handlebar.

I didn't want to buy the integrated handlebar and I run a separate stem and now I can see the problem of having them separately.

On the other hand I believe having the chance to change stem or rotate the handlebars compensate that .