Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

SUNRIMOON Helmets

(1/5) > >>

1Sigma:
So, I think I'll try a Chinese brand helmet.
Looking at the SUNRIMOON helmets.

Looking for opinions.

Trying to choose between their
TS-98 Model - lightweight, more ventilation
https://www.sunrimoonhelmet.com/collections/adult-bike-helmets/products/sunrimoon-adult-bicycle-helmet-road-bike-helmet-for-man-and-woman-cycling-helmets-helmet-for-adult-ts-98-angel-isaac-2021new

TS-42 Model - more aerodynamic, less ventilation but looks better IMO
https://www.sunrimoonhelmet.com/collections/adult-bike-helmets/products/sunrimoon-adult-bicycle-helmet-road-bike-helmet-for-man-and-woman-cycling-helmets-helmet-for-adult-ts-42-saint-michael2021new

Some context: my current helmet is a CCM-branded helmet.  This is akin to something from Walmart, and probably lower quality than something from Decathlon.  I already assume it is a low-quality Chinese helmet. Pretty much anything would be an upgrade for me.

Not concerned about safety.  I know some folks get pretty protective about helmet choices (see what I did there...), but it is basically just a piece of injection molded foam shrink wrapped in a thin shell of plastic.  Sunrimoon/Cigna's core business are helmets, so I assume they'll pass muster.

I'd be forgoing MIPS and premium retention systems provided by top-shelf helmets, but as I said - anything is an upgrade for me. 

hazzer19:
"HEART TO THE SUN, DREAM FORWARD" haha gold!

Don't know anything about these guys but agree that the second option looks better.

1Sigma:

--- Quote from: hazzer19 on March 09, 2022, 01:06:31 PM ---"HEART TO THE SUN, DREAM FORWARD" haha gold!

Don't know anything about these guys but agree that the second option looks better.

--- End quote ---

Gotta love them Chinglish slogans.  I sometimes think it's be better if they just let it in Chinese.

00Garza:
Comfort is also a significant factor when it comes to helmets. The fancy retention systems help those with oddly shaped or small noggins. At that price-point there are a ton of better options online Nashbar, performance bicycle, etc.

But if you're buying just out of curiosity to see whats available from China, I'd be interested to see your review.  8)

1Sigma:

--- Quote from: 00Garza on March 09, 2022, 02:03:33 PM ---Comfort is also a significant factor when it comes to helmets. The fancy retention systems help those with oddly shaped or small noggins. At that price-point there are a ton of better options online Nashbar, performance bicycle, etc.

But if you're buying just out of curiosity to see whats available from China, I'd be interested to see your review.  8)

--- End quote ---

For sure the latter!  I am curious how well it will stack up (and report back here)
Also for sure the better retention systems will be more comfortable.  I can’t imagine a helmet being more uncomfortable than my current one though

Of the two helmets I singled out, which one would you pick?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version