Chinese Carbon MTB > Metal Frames

Himalo Frames?

<< < (2/23) > >>

Flying Trunk Monkey:

--- Quote from: SnowDrifter on March 30, 2022, 11:24:19 AM ---I am concerned about the rear derailleur hangar. The positioning of the bolt holes appears that it might have a propensity to snap instead of bending. This isn't inherently a bad thing, however, I've been unable to locate a replacement for it thus far.

--- End quote ---

I've had good luck shopping on eBay for RD hangers. I never know what I'm looking for specifically but a few sellers have reference pictures that I just match mine to. I always keep a spare in my tool kit.

SnowDrifter:
Well

I never could find any 'locally' available derailleur hangers. I ended up ordering a 5 pack from Ali to keep in the box-o-parts.

Early thoughts on the frame: It's *seriously* impressive for what it is. Couple light jumps, root-stairs (think hiking path), higher speed riding (35+ mph) all feel stable and controlled. Accessories might be difficult to find/fit. There's no center mount for a kickstand. No threaded accessory areas on the rear. And the swing-arms are a bit too large to for most kickstands to fit.

Also of note, the seat post diameter is 30.9mm. The listing indicates as such... But I feel it worth mentioning as the drawings indicate 30.8.

I also go a himalo "180" (actually 160) front fork and a DNM rear shock for it.

The fork: also no complaints. Not quite as free moving as higher end offerings from Fox. Rebound / compression adjustments are pretty limited. There's a little bit of fork flex if you stare at it, but nothing that translates to the riding experience.

The rear shock: Honestly this one's been a gem. Have nothing bad to say about it. The compression adjustment is on-off as opposed to the listing's lightly-implied 3 position switch. I found I had to put the pressure up higher than the included chart indicated. But otherwise, it's all in-spec. I'm 165lbs with a mid-drive motor on it and I'm running it at 200 out of the rated 250psi. If you're over about 190lbs, this might not cut it for you.

stumpym4:

--- Quote from: SnowDrifter on April 14, 2022, 05:42:28 PM ---
 it's all in-spec. I'm 165lbs with a mid-drive motor on it

--- End quote ---

whats the above ? .. some kind of electric motor assist ?

SnowDrifter:
Correct.

I have a BBSHD kit on it. So, motor + battery adds 20-25lbs of weight in the frame

Icyseanfitz:
How did this turn out for you? Able to fit a decent size battery? Going to do a bbshd conversion on a nukeproof scout later this year and my biggest worry is frame clearance for battery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version