Author Topic: AM831 - The flex-fix  (Read 5786 times)

Dirkf22

Re: AM831 - The flex-fix
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2022, 01:03:02 PM »
I recommend that you are careful when tightening the grub screw. While tightening the grub, I could feel the aluminum in the link stretching. I could also see the aluminum distorting on the backside of the link. I was using a small Allen key and did not think I was torqueing it down very much.  However, it appears to be an excellent fix and I look forward to testing out on the trail. Thanks JJJ and good luck to all
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:04:38 PM by Dirkf22 »

Jotegr

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 08:44:20 PM »

No i can finish my built of the bike and see how it rides. :-)

Jeez I guess I should start eh? :I

promoto

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2022, 11:16:30 AM »
I have both the JJJ fix and the new modified rear triangle, Having ridden the JJJ fix for a good few trail miles and then fitted the new triangle I would say if you have the JJJ fix there is no benefit to fitting the modified rear triangle, It is no stiffer than the standard triangle with the JJJ bolts and bearing fitted.
The bearings that are fitted to the frame are low quality so if your fitting JJJ bolt fix while you have it all apart it would pay to replace all the bearings with good quality ones then the bike is as good as it can be which is pretty impressive in my opinion

JJJ

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »
I have both the JJJ fix and the new modified rear triangle, Having ridden the JJJ fix for a good few trail miles and then fitted the new triangle I would say if you have the JJJ fix there is no benefit to fitting the modified rear triangle, It is no stiffer than the standard triangle with the JJJ bolts and bearing fitted.
The bearings that are fitted to the frame are low quality so if your fitting JJJ bolt fix while you have it all apart it would pay to replace all the bearings with good quality ones then the bike is as good as it can be which is pretty impressive in my opinion

Thanks for investing in the new triangle for the comparison!

eastcoastbumps

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »
I just want to confirm, its a pair (2) 6703-2RS bearings that we need in addition to the bolts, correct?  No other parts?

JJJ

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2022, 01:15:04 AM »
I just want to confirm, its a pair (2) 6703-2RS bearings that we need in addition to the bolts, correct?  No other parts?
That's right.

JJJ

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 01:46:53 AM »
I'm posting here the production diagram of the bolt, in case others want to have it made.
You further need a pair of 10xM8 grub screws and a pair of 6703-2RS bearings.

The hex print is not mandatory, since the bolt should only be tightened "finger tight". So with a cylindrical bore instead, the bolt should be cheaper to manufacture.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 06:11:11 AM by JJJ »

Gigelz

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »
if anyone is looking for an already fixed frame with some nice acessories, feel free to PM me https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3639.0.html :)

Jal

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2022, 07:09:36 PM »
Information for those who are interested:

According to my scale the original triangle weighs 692 gr and the new one 853 gr, 161 gr difference (without bearings or screws, only the raw carbon and unpainted), to which we must add 28 grams of difference between the original hardware and the new one (two extra bearings with two shims and the thru-axle instead of the two screws). 189 gr the total difference... quite a lot, isn't it? I honestly expected less...

Maybe I'm a weight weenie... ;D but if, as promoto says, there is no noticeable improvement in stiffness and benefit when riding the bike, I think I'll keep the original triangle with the JJJ bolts (and the 6703 2rs bearings), which only add 15 grams to the original weight, because I plan to climb a lot with it. Will see...

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2022, 01:10:09 AM »
All the new order would be shipped out with the new triangle FS-AM831.

Thanks
Any need feel free to contact us.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

StefanB

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2022, 12:15:09 AM »
Finished my AM831 last week and took it for a first ride yesterday. There is some fixing left to do, some squeaking sounds to identify. But the bikes feels very, very nice to ride on technical trails.

Stef Biggel

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2022, 03:03:11 AM »
Finished my AM831 last week and took it for a first ride yesterday. There is some fixing left to do, some squeaking sounds to identify. But the bikes feels very, very nice to ride on technical trails.

On the FS830 Frames was the solution to eliminate the squeaking sound, to implement a screwable bottom braked BB86-92 eg. from Ztto and remove the bearings into Enduro bearings.

Best regards

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2022, 12:08:17 AM »

There’s always the option to swap out better bearings into the ZTTO shell, but that costs basically the same as just buying a Wheels Manufacturing thread-together pressfit BB. When well greased these usually eliminate that classic pressfit creaking, if that’s really your issue so soon after install (it definitely could be if you didn’t slather everything in grease).

StefanB

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2022, 01:41:13 AM »
I have built 9 bikes with frames from Light Carbon and everything has been flawless. This is the first bike I build with a frame from another manufacturer and I am disappointed.

The flex issue may not have been a problem for me and the way I ride, but it does make me feel less happy with frame anyway. Now I have finally put the bike together and yes, it rides nice but makes o lots of squeaking noise. I think it come from the suspension so yesterday I took the top-link of to put more grease. I was surprised to se how bad the bearings are fitted and on one side there is a sealing, on the other side no sealing but a old washer :-o

I think I will take the frame apart totally, and replace all bearing with good bearing with sealing, and a lot of grease. And hopefully I will end up with a nice working and quiet bike.

My next build will be from a frame manufacturer I trust, Light Carbon. I have ordered the new LCFS918.

colboy

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2022, 12:05:20 AM »
I have built 9 bikes with frames from Light Carbon and everything has been flawless. This is the first bike I build with a frame from another manufacturer and I am disappointed.

The flex issue may not have been a problem for me and the way I ride, but it does make me feel less happy with frame anyway. Now I have finally put the bike together and yes, it rides nice but makes o lots of squeaking noise. I think it come from the suspension so yesterday I took the top-link of to put more grease. I was surprised to se how bad the bearings are fitted and on one side there is a sealing, on the other side no sealing but a old washer :-o

I think I will take the frame apart totally, and replace all bearing with good bearing with sealing, and a lot of grease. And hopefully I will end up with a nice working and quiet bike.

My next build will be from a frame manufacturer I trust, Light Carbon. I have ordered the new LCFS918.

Please do share the sizes of bearing you used and where you installed them, mine doesn't have any issues yet, but I want to be proactive about it.