Author Topic: Koozer custom wheelset  (Read 3828 times)

00Garza

Re: Koozer custom wheelset
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 07:53:18 AM »
Anyone know when their store will be back up? And anyone know if they can make super boost wheelsets?

Chinese new year is a major holiday. Might not be up for another week or more.

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
This seems to be back up in case anyone is interested guys

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 02:44:59 AM »
Wheelset came yesterday, really really happy with them, look well built and even came with tubeless tape installed. Freehub had a light coating of grease on pawls/teeth as well. Hopefully the hub internals aren't made from cheese but I'll leave more feedback once I've actually used them.

The sun Duroc 40 rims are immense

barsrider

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2022, 09:33:24 AM »
If they are any good, this would be a total bargain.
Did you allready manage to take them for a ride?

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2022, 07:16:20 PM »
Not yet, few more bits to go on the build I'm doing. But they inflated tubeless real easy, spoke tension seems good, only thing left to determine imo is the robustness of the hub internals, I've looked for koozer hubs failing but can't find much. The rims also seem 100% legit sun ringle Duroc 40s, measurements are spot on and the nipple holes are silver rimmed, those two rims alone are nearly the price of the wheelset where I'm from. I'm quietly optimistic.

Zomb1e

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 04:37:18 AM »
The rims also seem 100% legit sun ringle Duroc 40s, measurements are spot on and the nipple holes are silver rimmed, those two rims alone are nearly the price of the wheelset where I'm from.
Duroc rims selling on Hayes/Sunringle site are aftermarket version: they have no eyelets, have welded joint instead of sleeved one and graphics is painted (or laser engraved, not sure) on rims instead of stickers. Rims on your wheelset are OEM version, they are not selling officially (but of course you can find them on Ali) and their price is much lower then for aftermarket version. But they are definitely good.

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 04:23:11 PM »
Duroc rims selling on Hayes/Sunringle site are aftermarket version: they have no eyelets, have welded joint instead of sleeved one and graphics is painted (or laser engraved, not sure) on rims instead of stickers. Rims on your wheelset are OEM version, they are not selling officially (but of course you can find them on Ali) and their price is much lower then for aftermarket version. But they are definitely good.

Didn't realize that

Zomb1e

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2022, 07:03:50 AM »
So finally I've built my 195€ wheelset, which I mentioned on previous page. 1770 grams without rim tape and tubeless valves (830 F, 940 R) and 1800 g with them. Wheels are perfectly true with tension varies from 107 to 113 kgf on loaded side. Tensionmeter was calibrated with spokes I've used in this build (D-Lite) on digital calibrating stand (0,1 kgf accuracy).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 02:51:59 AM by Zomb1e »

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2022, 04:45:13 AM »
Those look lovely, keep us updated on how the rims/hubs hold up

Fat Larry

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2022, 09:18:05 PM »
Are the Koozer hubs 2 piece star ratchet or are they an dt exp knock off? I can't see that info on their store page.

Zomb1e

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2022, 04:47:25 AM »
I can't see that info on their store page.
You'd better look at koozer's official site than any stores:
https://www.koozer.net/149.html
https://www.koozer.net/186.html

Freehub bodies are 6-pawl, not dt-style ratchet

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:48:57 AM by Zomb1e »