Author Topic: FSA/Vision ACR Stem Users UNITE!  (Read 4486 times)

Liter

Re: FSA/Vision ACR Stem Users UNITE!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2022, 01:30:58 PM »
Got back from the local bike shop and he said the gap was pretty normal, so it “works”!

No rush to get it back but looking forward to when it does!

Any updates? Some pics would be nice

pearl

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2022, 02:06:04 PM »
not back in my hands yet, i know when i dropped it off and showed him the internal cabling he had to do he surely put it to the bottom of his list... maybe next week!

FHS

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2022, 08:12:30 AM »
Hi Pat,

I ran the FSA ACR headset on my TanTan TT-X21, which is a clone of the VB-099. I'm not sure what the differences are between any of these open mould frames that run 1.5" to 1.5" headsets, but I can tell you, though, that there were no major issues running the full FSA ACR headset, even with the ACR top cover if wanted to. I would have preferred to dump the open mould handlebars too, but I did recognize the issue with running cables and hydraulic hoses with a full FSA ACR system.

Just thinking out loud here, but it looks like FSA routes the front brake hose through the compression plug to deal with the space issues with running everything down the front of the head tube and around the steerer.  Other than space limitations, there's no inherent design reason why you couldn't try to cram everything down the front of the headtube, bypassing the compression plug route for the front hydraulic hose.

I don't think that would work too well, but if you are contemplating electronic shifting, especially SRAM, you could probably make it work. 

Do it Pat! Do it for us!!!!