Author Topic: SEKA Bikes? Out of contact?  (Read 6103 times)

Serge_K

Re: SEKA Bikes? Out of contact?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2023, 09:54:45 AM »
Current build plan is:
-standard Seka frameset+bar+Token BB (1054gr frame, 370gr fork, 325gr bar, 165gr post, 105gr BB)
-LTWOO R9 Disc carbon (11-speed) groupset (1167gr brifters+derraileurs+calipers, 200gr cables+housing)
-Magene P325CS powermeter crank (730gr)
-YBN SLA-110 chain (249gr)
-SROAD one-piece CNC cassette (230gr)
-|||PRO brand rotors (308gr)
-ICAN Aero 35 disc wheels (1355gr)
-GP5000s tires (280gr x2)
-Specialized power S-works carbon saddle (160gr)
-No-name Supacaz imitation handlebar tape (50gr)

According to my calculations given quoted weights for everything is estimated at 7100 grams. We'll see about that! I'm guessing going from a M to a L will add ~200g+, and the accumulated error on quoted weights will add up to over ~300gr, so I would be very happy if it was anywhere close to 7.5kg dry.

You're probably missing thru axles (not trivial), headset bearings & compression plug (measured mine at 122g) either tubes (80x2 for latex, 30x2 for TPU) or sealant (100+x2), maybe tyre insert, tubeless valves. Not all frame sellers include headset bearings & thru axles. Wheel sellers typically dont include thru axles.

dsveddy

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2023, 12:15:53 PM »
You're probably missing thru axles (not trivial), headset bearings & compression plug (measured mine at 122g) either tubes (80x2 for latex, 30x2 for TPU) or sealant (100+x2), maybe tyre insert, tubeless valves. Not all frame sellers include headset bearings & thru axles. Wheel sellers typically dont include thru axles.

Not sure if you saw my update post on the bike, the build is completed and I have linked a spreadsheet to the updated weights. I did indeed neglect to include thru axles, bearings, compression plug etc. in this initial post though. I did hit my weight target though! Bike is currently at 7.4kg.

Seka does include headset bearings, compression plug, spacers, headset cap, thru axles, and a lot of other nice frame gubbins.

renegade1848

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2023, 10:27:56 AM »
I have an Exceed RDC frame that, unfortunately, I crashed and broke a couple of weeks ago. Referring to their crash replacement program, I contacted SEKA and was offered a replacement offer, but it has since been impossible to get them to send me an offer I can order. I get the impression that the poor communication with Cycling100 was not just due to them but also the frame provider. I've since bought an ICAN frame and their support is at least replying to inquiries quickly.

It's a pity, as the frame is actually really good value for the money. But if you want to grow a business in North America or Europe, you need to provide a certain level of customer support or you'll fail, regardless of the quality of the product.