Author Topic: 2024 Tan Tan TT-X39 - A Rim Brake SL7 with 32mm Tire Clearance!?  (Read 199 times)

waltthizzney

I was searching for a traditional compact handlebar for a practically new 2012 Tarmac SL3 I recently purchased and was browsing the tan tan site and came across this.

For reference I have owned a FM066 through tan tan, it was a good bike, probably most ridden Chinese open mould ever, but the BSA BB shell delaminated from the frame after around 40,000km, not sure if it was issue with bike or salt getting in the frame from riding in Ontario Canada but that bike owned me nothing considering it was $500 and rode way better than my Scott foil previously

I then bought a LTK118 that has been a great race bike, although it rides twitchy and seems a little sketchy on the downhills

So here we have the Tan Tan TT-X39. Is this the bike everyone has been asking for? Rim Brake with huge tire clearance?

It looks identical to the SL7, and I have heard of a rim brake SL7 being produced via a Chinese website but google translate only works so well, so this might actually be the mould.

The most incredible part of this frame is the stated 32mm tire clearance. I am not sure if that is even possible without direct mount rim brakes

http://tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=1125

zxcvbnmjm

Re: 2024 Tan Tan TT-X39 - A Rim Brake SL7 with 32mm Tire Clearance!?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 11:00:19 PM »
Is it more like a sl6 than sl7?