Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Velobuild VB-R-218

<< < (2/160) > >>

kbike:
I hope I'm wrong and this is way lighter but f14 is heavy.
Frame 1300g I seen a listing even say 1690g. :o
Fork 490g
Handlebar 400g
Seatpost 240g

Nickk2000:
frames almost a 1-1. their XXL (i think its a 54?) is half a millimeter off of the 575 size (or 57.5) for the f12's reach and stack.

At the end of the day, the frames probably okay (from a reputable seller) but its not going to weigh the 750 grams the f12 weighed, its going to weigh like 1200g due to the tubes being so aerodynamic.

patliean1:
Apparently this frame wasn't intended for average-sized Americans LoL

Nickk2000:
tbf those dimensions arent absurdly small. theyre just small for me, whos 6'7.

RDY:
It's not a one to one clone of the F, but very close and made to look like it.  I think they must have bought the mold one of the Taiwanese copiers have been selling, then got one of the Chinese OEMs they use to build it.  Reason being they also frequently use BSA - I can't see VB or other mainland makers independently ordering the design of a mold set up for BSA on a modern road bike.

I'm sure it'll be heavy, but the bad thing to me is that the situation is as above, rather than with PF (or failing that T47), and that given the clone nature they didn't fix the ghastly offset seatpost from the real Dogma F - that sharp trailing edge behind the seatpost at the top of the seat tube 1) looks awful 2) must badly impact aero performance. If this was an 'homage' like the 099 and 168 are to the Venge and SL7 rspectively, rather than a clone,  then I'm sure a much better bike would have resulted. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version