Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-218  (Read 80391 times)

pierluigi

Re: Velobuild VB-R-218
« Reply #570 on: February 13, 2023, 10:24:58 AM »
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy this frame.
I can't understand where is the Di2 battery?
Can you help me?

thanks

Sebastian

« Reply #571 on: February 13, 2023, 11:26:25 AM »
80 bar =1160.3 psi   

If the earlier poster followed the recommendation in psi & managed to get past 1000psi, then please post the brand of the tire & tubes used as it would solve all our pinch flat issues

I did have a funny image in my head of someone pumping their tire and it slowly getting larger & filling up their garage  ;D

You’re probably just mocking me now. But those figures are in psi. In bars that would be 5 up front and around 5.5 at the rear.

Sebastian

« Reply #572 on: February 13, 2023, 11:27:58 AM »
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy this frame.
I can't understand where is the Di2 battery?
Can you help me?

thanks

There’s a screw on cover beneath the BB. The frame comes with a Di2 battery holder that can be attached to that BB cover.

pierluigi

« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »
Sorry it is the last question:
Is the Shimano Di2 Junction box fixed on the bar or in the frame (like Pinarello)?

Thanks

madmax

« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2023, 08:46:22 AM »
You’re probably just mocking me now. But those figures are in psi. In bars that would be 5 up front and around 5.5 at the rear.

Nah, just light hearted fun amongst friends.  :)

Just got the tracking# for the replacement frame.

madmax

« Reply #575 on: February 14, 2023, 01:31:52 PM »
Sorry it is the last question:
Is the Shimano Di2 Junction box fixed on the bar or in the frame (like Pinarello)?

Thanks

I think your question depends on what version of Di2 you will be using.
(I'm basing my assumption on reviews, I have read online & YouTube's etc. I don't own a Di2 as yet)

The older Di2 7xxx series had the box under the handlebar
The newer 2022 revisions have the charging port in the back of the bike (rear derailleur)

Right now the newer R7100 105 seems to be the best value for money with dual 2032 cells in the shifters and a much better battery life

pierluigi

« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2023, 05:45:19 AM »
Thank for your help and sorry for my bad explanation.
My question was where's installed the cable connection on this frame.
Please see the attached file.

Sebastian

« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2023, 11:27:03 AM »
The frame does not have a port in the downtube. Just like the current Dogma F. So you would have to get a handlebar junction box. I don’t know however if this handlebar is compatible with Shimanos bar end junction box. Maybe someone else has built this thing with Di2?

madmax

« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2023, 11:28:53 AM »
Thank for your help and sorry for my bad explanation.
My question was where's installed the cable connection on this frame.
Please see the attached file.

This frame does not have the access port on the downtube as in the Dogma
If you post the groupset version you are using with a link to the tech specs, someone may be able to better help you.

Shimano has moved the "brains" of the system from the box to the rear derailleur (per my understanding), so posting more info about which one you are using or planning to buy will clear up any confusion

Very nice Dogma in the pix....is that yours ?

hahel

« Reply #579 on: February 16, 2023, 12:54:02 AM »
The frame does not have a port in the downtube. Just like the current Dogma F. So you would have to get a handlebar junction box. I don’t know however if this handlebar is compatible with Shimanos bar end junction box. Maybe someone else has built this thing with Di2?
I've built a frame with wired Di2 and the bar end Junctionbox, no problems besides the internal/eternal routing headache :)

pierluigi

« Reply #580 on: February 16, 2023, 02:09:22 AM »
ù

Thanks,
I will use the the bar end junction box version.

pierluigi

« Reply #581 on: February 16, 2023, 02:12:01 AM »
This frame does not have the access port on the downtube as in the Dogma
If you post the groupset version you are using with a link to the tech specs, someone may be able to better help you.

Shimano has moved the "brains" of the system from the box to the rear derailleur (per my understanding), so posting more info about which one you are using or planning to buy will clear up any confusion

Very nice Dogma in the pix....is that yours ?

Thanks,
I will use the R8070 ultegra with the box in the hand bar.
No, unfortunately it's not my Dogma.

madmax

« Reply #582 on: February 16, 2023, 08:11:49 AM »
Thanks,
I will use the R8070 ultegra with the box in the hand bar.
No, unfortunately it's not my Dogma.

ok so a quick search found this on ebay & your component set is 11spd & looks like this  (pix attached)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225133006933?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&srsltid=Ad5pg_GttCHIyqlD4_l_bnmx9i8o5t_RFezjRN1xy4QHIcR79A9v3mbezZU

Here's what I suggest, based on my miserable experience routing brake & shift cables backwards through the bar

1. Start with the handlebar first (DO NO do this backwards)

2. The Di2 box will fit in the handlebar.  The VBR-218 & handlebar are an exact copy of the Dogma  F-12
    I am actually using the original Pinarello top cap & compression plug & spacers on my bike

3. Add in the shifters & wiring first & then add in the brake cables.
        (Dogma F-12 assembly)

4. Take a look at the actual F12 assemble manual here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1949164/Pinarello-Dogma-F12-Series.html?page=5#manual

Print out the following pages from the manual

Page #5 - Torque Specs   (DO NOT deviate from these specs. You will damage your frame)
Page #41 - cable routing for Di2

When in doubt check base in here & pay attention to any advice (esp Sebastian). It will save you hours of frustration

Post pix of new bike when completed   :)

pierluigi

« Reply #583 on: February 16, 2023, 10:27:23 AM »
ok so a quick search found this on ebay & your component set is 11spd & looks like this  (pix attached)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225133006933?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&srsltid=Ad5pg_GttCHIyqlD4_l_bnmx9i8o5t_RFezjRN1xy4QHIcR79A9v3mbezZU

Here's what I suggest, based on my miserable experience routing brake & shift cables backwards through the bar

2. The Di2 box will fit in the handlebar.  The VBR-218 & handlebar are an exact copy of the Dogma  F-12
    I am actually using the original Pinarello top cap & compression plug & spacers on my bike

(Dogma F-12 assembly)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1949164/Pinarello-Dogma-F12-Series.html?page=5#manual

Page #5 - Torque Specs   (DO NOT deviate from these specs. You will damage your frame)

When in doubt check base in here & pay attention to any advice (esp Sebastian). It will save you hours of frustration

Thank you very much!

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #584 on: February 16, 2023, 02:57:07 PM »

(Dogma F-12 assembly)

how much was the group set uesd?
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]