Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

XTR 1x11 Available for Pre-Order

<< < (2/4) > >>

cmh:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on November 10, 2014, 03:55:15 PM ---Electronic shifting is an option, there is also a conventional new XTR 11spd R/D and shifter.

--- End quote ---

For those of us in the US, check out Chain Reaction. I've got my pre-order in for the mechanical M9000 stuff for my wife's bike. Already received the cassette (gorgeous, but still not as nice as the SRAM stuff) and the shifter. Waiting for the brakes and the derailleur. *WAY* cheaper than the US based retailers. PricePoint mechanical RD: $238. Chain Reaction for the same one: $179. Yikes.

Had a great idea - have the 11 speed shifter and cassette - maybe this will work with the 10 speed derailleur! Just as I was about to start the experiment I realized I have the I-spec II shifter, which mounts to the brake lever.  *rages*  ;D

The new Di2 looks freaking amazing, but when your new parts make XX1 look budget, oh my. :D

Oolak:

--- Quote from: cmh on November 11, 2014, 10:41:39 AM ---
For those of us in the US, check out Chain Reaction. I've got my pre-order in for the mechanical M9000 stuff for my wife's bike. Already received the cassette (gorgeous, but still not as nice as the SRAM stuff) and the shifter. Waiting for the brakes and the derailleur. *WAY* cheaper than the US based retailers. PricePoint mechanical RD: $238. Chain Reaction for the same one: $179. Yikes.

Had a great idea - have the 11 speed shifter and cassette - maybe this will work with the 10 speed derailleur! Just as I was about to start the experiment I realized I have the I-spec II shifter, which mounts to the brake lever.  *rages*  ;D

The new Di2 looks freaking amazing, but when your new parts make XX1 look budget, oh my. :D

--- End quote ---

So in your opinion the Sram cassette looks of higher quality than the XTR?

And yeah, 650$ for a deraileur is definitely out of my league!

Oolak:

--- Quote from: brmeyer135 on November 10, 2014, 12:41:58 PM ---Imagine having that on your bike and then image a rock strike or stick in the spokes or something else wrecking that.

--- End quote ---

cmh:

--- Quote from: Oolak on November 11, 2014, 08:58:21 PM ---So in your opinion the Sram cassette looks of higher quality than the XTR?

--- End quote ---

I don't know if it looks higher quality - the XTR looks damn nice.  But the SRAM being machined out of a single block of steel with the alloy largest cog, I think it looks cooler than the XTR. Plus, from what I've seen, the SRAM is quite a bit lighter.  The XTR 11-40 comes in around 330g, and I think the SRAM is in the 260 range. Easy enough to confirm with a little searching but I'm lazy. :D

cmh:
The new cassette has a carbon fiber carrier for the biggest gears.  The 40t is also aluminum, then the next six are titanium, with the smallest three being steel. Definitely not low quality:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version