Author Topic: Looking for a gravel frame closely similar to the Specialized Crux  (Read 478 times)

patliean1

Egregious post I know...

I'm looking for something that has similar geometry, tire clearance, and aesthetics to the Specialized Crux. If one even exists in the Chinertown realm. The frame doesn't have to weight 800-900 grams considering the price. Currently I have the Yoeleo G21 and VeloBuild CX002.

Yoeleo G21
Positives:
-Huge tire clearance
-Robust frameset
-Extra mounting points (if you need them)

Negatives:
-Fully internal cabling. This makes no sense on a gravel bike.
-I personally do not need the extra mounts.
-Geo is more on the adventure/endurance side, despite the supposed "race" geometry compared to a traditional gravel bike.

Velobuild CX-002
Positives:
-Price
-More "all road" and "CX" than adventure gravel.
-Also robust frameset and decent fit/finish.

Negatives:
-Tire clearance is 42c.
-Taller bottom bracket height.
-Fully internal cabling.

Having ridden the latest SL8 and seeing how brilliant it is, I'm inspired to consolidate my Yoeleo G21/VB CX-002 in favor a single bike for everything not intended purely for road. Despite being on sale, the Crux still isn't exactly affordable. But I love the geometry, weight, traditional seatpost, threaded BB, and especially the external cable routing options.

This stream of consciousness sounds as if I've already my decision. Most likely. But I wanna cover all basis before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Macedingle

Re: Looking for a gravel frame closely similar to the Specialized Crux
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 03:20:53 PM »
The new Ican Gaero 2024 seems like it may be worth a look