Author Topic: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame  (Read 18333 times)

saintrider

Re: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2023, 12:58:31 PM »
Yes also stumble with the Willier Jena. Only the seat tube entrance on the frame is more "aero"|modern looking (for my taste at least) on the G056, the front derailleur hanger and the fact it has no side holes for cables as Jena is not Inside Cables only.
But the rest is dead on :) I really like the frame look. After my paintjob hopefully will like it even more :D

Zdrenka89

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2023, 06:09:23 AM »
Please see the attachment. thank you

That C-ring will cause you trouble. It too open and too stiff. You will have a bad time, guaranteed. It'll never feel tight, and it will start to creek.

Please offer a better solution SP Cycle.

saintrider

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2023, 04:41:18 AM »
already received my frame and its flawless .... bought on 3rd of May, arrived the 26th May to Portugal.....it will take a long time to build though. will start first with the custom paintjob.

frankpaul1

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2023, 12:39:34 PM »
That C-ring will cause you trouble. It too open and too stiff. You will have a bad time, guaranteed. It'll never feel tight, and it will start to creek.

Please offer a better solution SP Cycle.

OK, so this is true. I have the Velobuild GF-003 (very similar I guess) and it is impossible to tighten the headset because there is too much room between the C-ring and the fork steerer tube... Could also be that the C-ring is too open. There is also significant amount of space between the c-ring and the headset cover:

What's the solution to this problem? There remains a very small amount of play while using the front brake.  :( There are some very thin spacers left over, but I can't see how they would solve this problem.

UPDATE: I bought the DEDA Nylon 270 degree compression ring. Hope this can solve the issue. Should I make this ring thinner?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:17:41 AM by frankpaul1 »

frankpaul1

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2023, 07:04:46 AM »
OK, so I fixed the situation pretty easily. I bought the Deda compression ring 45 degrees:

First I sawed the largest part of the top (circa 2mm I guess) with a hacksaw and then I ground the top down a smal bit at a time with a Dremel tool till it was at the correct height to compress correctly but also not leave a gap between the frame and the headset cover (there is still a very minimal gap say 0,5mm). I also used a Deda 70mm expander plug to get a bit more grip while tightening the top cap. No play anymore and a very cheap solution.

kwantani

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2023, 10:40:08 PM »
Has anyone successfully build up the Velobuild GF003? I received mine last month, however the LBS indicated there's an obstruction inside the frame preventing the internal cable housing to get thru, I've no other details other than what they said.

xtract

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2023, 06:41:47 AM »
OK, so I fixed the situation pretty easily. I bought the Deda compression ring 45 degrees:

First I sawed the largest part of the top (circa 2mm I guess) with a hacksaw and then I ground the top down a smal bit at a time with a Dremel tool till it was at the correct height to compress correctly but also not leave a gap between the frame and the headset cover (there is still a very minimal gap say 0,5mm). I also used a Deda 70mm expander plug to get a bit more grip while tightening the top cap. No play anymore and a very cheap solution.

So you basically had to remove two mm from the upper side so that the spacers can lie flat? I am trying to imagine what you have done, as after building up mine I think the fork still has some play. Attached a picture of my build!

Also, I think I have mounted too many spacers, but I do not want to remove the cables from the handlebar (what a pain!). I assume spacers like this would work?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 06:45:53 AM by xtract »

tsneidin

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2023, 02:27:33 PM »
I just finished building up this frame and feel I should add my experience with this headset. I experienced the loose headset/steerer tube problem and was going to order the Deda compression ring as described in this thread but I found my problem was user error. I’d never set up a carbon steerer tube before and didn’t realize fork compression plug is inserted and tightened separately and before the headset preload is tightened. Once I tightened that up properly I no longer have any headset play. I bought the frame from Spcycle and had a good experience, frame arrived painted and packaged very well and was on time.

jibão

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2023, 05:09:33 PM »
I bought this frame, but with another brand called Ceccotti. Although the frame and fork are the same, they use different seatpost, headset and bottom bracket.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005599109789.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.156.21efcaa4mCJ5H1&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

canadabike93

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2023, 03:27:45 PM »
Let’s us know what it’s like when you get it !

theremin

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2023, 08:22:43 PM »
Any idea if the max tire spec is accurate? I was hoping to fit some 650x2.2, but feel that might be pushing it.

saintrider

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2023, 11:09:22 AM »
you have about 65-70mm space on the back where the tire goes through...for a 2.2 it should be more or less 55 mm worth of tire ....i think you might be pushing it...

saintrider

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2023, 09:26:33 AM »
Well i've been so excited on the last weeks of riding that i forgot to post some pictures of my completed project......
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 09:36:54 AM by saintrider »

kubackje

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2023, 02:02:33 PM »
Well i've been so excited on the last weeks of riding that i forgot to post some pictures of my completed project......

Congratulations on great and beautiful build! Can You please share what size is it and how tall are you? Also would be nice if you can write how u like it, how fast is it, stiff, comfortable etc. :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 02:06:45 PM by kubackjeee »

theremin

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2023, 01:27:46 AM »
I’m doing a build with this frame and have a possible issue with the T47 BB being very tight. I’ve never worked with this style, so I’m not sure what to expect. It gets hand tight after a couple threads and then really starts to get snug. The threads seem clean and it doesn’t seem to be cross threaded. Both sides are the same. I don’t want to get too rough with it and bind or break something. Any ideas?