Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame

<< < (18/19) > >>

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 26, 2024, 10:53:58 AM ---What kind of bike weights are you guys getting with this frame?

--- End quote ---

Mine is 22lb as shown in this picture (one bottle empty). The tires are 650g each and loaded with 3-4 oz of sealant. I can save almost a lb if I used good tires.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Daviddavieboy on May 26, 2024, 11:33:09 AM ---Mine is 22lb as shown in this picture (one bottle empty). The tires are 650g each and loaded with 3-4 oz of sealant. I can save almost a lb if I used good tires.

--- End quote ---

Whoa, that weighs more than when I had my alloy gravel frameset!  ;D

I think it's a bit more of balancing act trying to weight weenie a gravel bike since durability and ride conditions are important factors to keep in mind. I might even consider getting an older Crux frameset at this point if I want to drop more weight.

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 26, 2024, 11:50:35 AM ---Whoa, that weighs more than when I had my alloy gravel frameset!  ;D

I think it's a bit more of balancing act trying to weight weenie a gravel bike since durability and ride conditions are important factors to keep in mind. I might even consider getting an older Crux frameset at this point if I want to drop more weight.

--- End quote ---

It's not super light by any means but most stock name brand gravel bikes are over this. What alloy bike did you have that was lighter ? I had a Trek Checkpoint that was 21 lbs. I think without any of the junk (bags, tools, spare tube, food, bottles, f & r lights, garmin, gopro etc) on there it's 18 lbs. I have a Colnago Master that is 18 lbs LOL

You mention the Crux but where I live that bike is $10k - $15k. I have about $3500 into this with the SRAM wireless. I doubt the Crux would give me 4x as much fun.

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Daviddavieboy on May 26, 2024, 12:33:12 PM --- It's not super light by any means but most stock name brand gravel bikes are over this. What alloy bike did you have that was lighter ? I had a Trek Checkpoint that was 21 lbs. I think without any of the junk (bags, tools, spare tube, food, bottles, f & r lights, garmin, gopro etc) on there it's 18 lbs. I have a Colnago Master that is 18 lbs LOL

--- End quote ---

I was originally using a Poseidon X alloy frameset that I eventually gifted to a family member. It was running in 1x configuration and it came out to about 20 lbs. I eventually swapped out the parts to an old 2017 Kinesis carbon frameset that I had laying around and now it's at the 7.9kg/17.5 lbs. mark. Nothing wrong with the frame, but it has external brake cabling. I'm tempted to drill an internal brake hole in the frame, but I'm worried about affecting the structural integrity.

The weight difference between my carbon road and gravel bikes are only about 1-1.5 lbs. Most of that extra weight is just in my tires, cassette and slightly heavier GRX shifters. I think my gravel wheelset actually weighs less than my road wheels.

I'm looking at older Crux framesets, like a 2019 model. No way I could buy a newer frameset!

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 26, 2024, 01:05:52 PM ---
I'm looking at older Crux framesets, like a 2019 model. No way I could buy a newer frameset!

--- End quote ---

Same here. Plus If I had one I would probably break it. I weigh 200 lbs, I could skip lunch and make up the difference in weight. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version