Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame

<< < (20/22) > >>

raisinberry777:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 22, 2024, 06:01:54 PM ---Summer deal was too tempting not to take a swing on the "Ceccotti" version of this frame w/o handlebars (450 shipped after codes and coupons) in this nice powdered blue from the "Surprise Store" lol.
--- End quote ---

I hope the surprises are good ones! Keep us updated. I'm currently tossing up between this and the SP Cycle 068 (2023 Canyon Grail clone). What gearing do you think you'll go with on the EGR?

lantz:

--- Quote from: raisinberry777 on June 22, 2024, 09:03:09 PM ---I hope the surprises are good ones! Keep us updated. I'm currently tossing up between this and the SP Cycle 068 (2023 Canyon Grail clone). What gearing do you think you'll go with on the EGR?

--- End quote ---

I've gone 40t front, 11-46 back. I considered a 11-50 to push it, but figured I'd stay in range and see how it feels.

Is the difference from the 68 to the 56 just the UDH hanger? I haven't compared.

Daviddavieboy:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 22, 2024, 06:01:54 PM ---Summer deal was too tempting not to take a swing on the "Ceccotti" version of this frame w/o handlebars (450 shipped after codes and coupons) in this nice powdered blue from the "Surprise Store" lol.

--- End quote ---

Bought from the same store a couple months ago. The only problems I had were wrong bolts for the front mech hangar, the threads on the BB had to be chased as the shells would not thread in very far and the rear hangar bent on a mild strike but one was ordered from elsewhere on AliExpress as Surprise store was no help at all.

Price was great and shipping was surprisingly fast. I found the large I ordered was a little too long in the reach but compensated with a 80mm stem. FWIW I am 6' tall. It rides very well and quite fast for what it is.

raisinberry777:

--- Quote from: lantz on June 23, 2024, 01:59:27 AM ---I've gone 40t front, 11-46 back. I considered a 11-50 to push it, but figured I'd stay in range and see how it feels.

Is the difference from the 68 to the 56 just the UDH hanger? I haven't compared.

--- End quote ---

GR056 is based on a Wilier Jena.

GR068 is based on the (2023) Canyon Grail (with some minor changes).

lantz:

--- Quote from: Daviddavieboy on June 23, 2024, 04:24:33 AM ---Bought from the same store a couple months ago. The only problems I had were wrong bolts for the front mech hangar, the threads on the BB had to be chased as the shells would not thread in very far and the rear hangar bent on a mild strike but one was ordered from elsewhere on AliExpress as Surprise store was no help at all.

Price was great and shipping was surprisingly fast. I found the large I ordered was a little too long in the reach but compensated with a 80mm stem. FWIW I am 6' tall. It rides very well and quite fast for what it is.

--- End quote ---

Good to know, I'm 6' as well and went with the medium as the geo is closer to my road bike, felt like the right fit. What kind of tooling do you use to chase those threads? I used a small file to clean up the threads on the last frame I ordered, but without an actual thread tapper or something, wondering if there's a better technique.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version