Author Topic: Thömus / Thoemus Lightrider - is this a catalog frame?  (Read 2205 times)

zilcho

Re: Thömus / Thoemus Lightrider - is this a catalog frame?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 07:23:50 PM »
If that is the case, which l don't believe, that is one huge conspiracy against the cycling community. $800 frames are the same as top end $4000+ frames. My Riot, while ok quality has many low rent aspects about it. Rear brake tabs not deep enough, voids in the carbon, carbon fraying in the headtube, messy paint here and there.
If i had a highend frame l would be pissed if what you say is indeed true. Im not saying these aren't good bikes. As a matter of fact they almost always get high praise when reviewed because the reviewer is so surprised they ride as good as they do.

Welcome to capitalism? Where do you think the margins come from for Specialized and Trek to have the market cap that they do when the majority of their staff is based in the US? This isn't a conspiracy, essentially every big name brand has examples of poor QC that I would consider unacceptable for a frame at that price.

There are certainly differences in engineering and design at the top end, particularly in mountain bike suspension design and super light weight road, but that doesn't mean the materials now cost $4,000.

Silverado123

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 08:05:44 PM »
For sure big brands have their problems. Like Yeti and their weak, fragile rear triangles that break if you look at them crosseyed and Spesh destroying shocks, even though that is a design flaw l guess.
I'm not there yet to accept that my reasonably priced open molds are the same frames the pros use at the highest levels

federic000

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 12:52:35 AM »
How can they be the same? See the weights of top frames like epic, orbea oiz, canyon lux, and many others where sometimes they declare 1585 grams without shock (lux wc 2022 size M) This is the proof that carbon sheets are something different, or manufactory technique I don't know.

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2022, 03:36:54 AM »
...I struggle with the idea that Mathias Flückiger rides a run of the mill, copycat open mold frame that costs $1000 or less.
To maybe overcome your struggles 8)
Lars Forster did some world cup races on a $550 041 frame

RongGearRob

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2022, 10:59:16 PM »
Hambini has looked at the Trifox and ICAN frames and had positive things to say about them, while he's roasted expensive name brand frames.

Trifox video: