Author Topic: cybrsrce AM831 build  (Read 15162 times)

colboy

Re: cybrsrce AM831 build
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2022, 03:29:03 AM »
how's your bike? do you already have the flex issue or have you fixed it with a new rear triangle / jjj bots?

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2022, 01:53:25 PM »
Nice tires. Do you have enough clearance to fit a 2.5” Assegai in the rear? Asking for a friend.

From what I’ve heard, the clearance is very tight. I don’t remember the exact tire or rim width but the only person I know of who fitted a 2.5 said it didn’t have enough clearance and slightly rubbed the stays while on the trail.

AV_RIDER

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2022, 06:09:53 PM »
I ordered the new revised frame, knowing it’s downfalls. I’m hoping that the longer VPP length on the new frame allows for more tire clearance along its travel. We’ll see!

cybrsrce

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2022, 12:39:26 PM »
Nice tires. Do you have enough clearance to fit a 2.5” Assegai in the rear? Asking for a friend.

It will be really tight on a 30id rim.  I have rub down to the carbon from a couple different 2.4 tires.

cybrsrce

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
how's your bike? do you already have the flex issue or have you fixed it with a new rear triangle / jjj bots?

I gave JJJ's bolts about 10 rides, super smooth suspension action but I didn't notice any additional lateral stiffness with a better connection.  The frame has also developed a cracking and popping noise since I changed bolts but that is probably coincidence.

Finally finished painting the new rear triangle since I ordered the wrong color.  I was all prepared to put on new brakes at the same time but I found out that Magura doesn't ship banjo bolts (line screws) with "spare part" calipers.  At least one more ride with the XTs but the new triangle went on this morning. 

cybrsrce

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2022, 07:16:20 PM »

First ride on the new triangle, that 2.3 Eliminator is 62mm wide at the casing and about 61mm at the wides nubs and there is already some rub.  I believe the old and new triangle are the same width at that point but I can measure it.  Apologize for the shit picture.

This is the OG triangle from a couple different 2.4 and 2.3 tires.  Never ran the double Assegai on this frame.

{/url]

hagerd

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2022, 09:52:04 PM »
For reference I run a Maxxis Minion DHR II 29X2.3 Also on the new triangle.

AV_RIDER

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2022, 10:29:08 PM »
Thank you both for the documentation. With this, I'll definitely need to reconsider my rear tire choice  :o

colboy

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2022, 02:49:54 AM »
I gave JJJ's bolts about 10 rides, super smooth suspension action but I didn't notice any additional lateral stiffness with a better connection.  The frame has also developed a cracking and popping noise since I changed bolts but that is probably coincidence.

Finally finished painting the new rear triangle since I ordered the wrong color.  I was all prepared to put on new brakes at the same time but I found out that Magura doesn't ship banjo bolts (line screws) with "spare part" calipers.  At least one more ride with the XTs but the new triangle went on this morning.

did you get a new frame or just the rear triangle? what came with the rear triangle?

hagerd

« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2022, 09:21:56 AM »
did you get a new frame or just the rear triangle? what came with the rear triangle?

I did this also, had the old rear triangle with JJJ bolts and ordered the new triangle. It was just the rear triangle with all the hardware required for installation. Also got an extra derailleur hanger out of it.

cybrsrce

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2022, 06:57:09 AM »
Took my last ride on the AM831 but I hope it isn't the frames last ride.
Short story is that I ordered an Orbea Rise H30 and will be swapping over most of the parts :)
Last upgrade I did was Shigura brakes (Shimano XTR 9120/Magura MT7) with MTX Gold pads and 203mm MDR-P rotors front/rear.  Sooooo much power and super quiet, will be coming over to the Rise for sure!

Longer story is that the frame developed some awful cracking noises that I'm hoping was just the lower linkage bolt and roughed up linkage bearings.  Completely disassembled the bike and checked the front triangle with a borescope,  couldn't find any cracks or issues and there is nothing external to explain it.Ordered a full set of linkage bearings (upper and lower) and will assemble the frame and minimal bits to see if it cracks/creaks.  If so I'll go back to Haideli for a warranty replacement, otherwise it will be rebuilt and handed down.

Must say that it has been great with the new triangle, could still be a little stiffer for my liking but I had no hesitation letting it rip where I previously had commitment issues.

Last time it will look like this (Final weight 14.65kg/32.30lbs) -

Stef Biggel

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2022, 02:09:11 PM »
Shigura rules