Author Topic: Working Out if Aliexpress Sellers Actually Have Stock  (Read 2043 times)

PDKl45

Working Out if Aliexpress Sellers Actually Have Stock
« on: July 25, 2022, 11:57:08 PM »
So I'm looking for a Seaboard CX01 frameset, and I've had it with Aliexpress sellers.

First one marked the frame as shipped with a dummy tracking number, before realizing there were none in stock. Cancelled after 10 days.

Second seller asked me to cancel immediately. Cancelled immediately.

Third guy was certain, 100% guaranteed that he had stock. Turns out he didn't. Cancelled after a week of buggering about with the seller reassuring me that he like, totally has stock, "Friend, you not worry!"

It's annoying, but I'm fully refunded and not being scammed or ripped off, I've just had my time wasted. One of them even had the grace to change the Aliexpress listing to show the one size he did have in stock as available. I'm really suspicious anyone selling framesets on the site now, though.

Does anyone know how to confirm that the seller actually has stock? Messaging them gets a "Yes, we have stock" reply that has no connection to reality at all, as far as I can tell. Anyone got a way of confirming stock without messaging optimistic sellers?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:01:17 AM by PDKl45 »

bamboo_mountain

Re: Working Out if Aliexpress Sellers Actually Have Stock
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 11:24:41 AM »
Any particular reason you are looking for that frame? Seems a bit "old" with QR and post mount. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making them in favour of the CX07 and GR02 which are a bit pricier but more modern standards. I'm also considering buying a Seaboard.

PDKl45

Re: Working Out if Aliexpress Sellers Actually Have Stock
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 08:36:08 PM »
I want steel forks basically. They're tough and good for front racks, but for me the main thing is the way they ride. Steel forks have a different ride quality to alloy or carbon forks and a full steel frameset is what I'm after. I have a bunch of parts bin components, including wheels with QR hubs, that will be used in the build, so older standards aren't a problem.

There's a Darkrock/Windspeed and Tsunami/Seaboard seller on Facebook that has a group there, who seems to post things that are available, so I'll keep an eye out there I think. Maybe message in the future when I'm ready to build up a frameset.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:55:38 AM by PDKl45 »