Author Topic: Winspace T1550 new frame?  (Read 11393 times)

patliean1

Re: Winspace T1550 new frame?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 01:57:45 PM »
Patrick,
Can you confirmt the tire clearance on the T1500 for me? Website says 28C, but I am wondering if anyone has tried a 32 c and got it to fit

32c tires technically do fit.

Wheels: 30mm external, 23 internal
Tires: 32c GP5000 S TR, actual measured width 32.5mm

Fork: 2mm clearance all sides.
Chainstays: about <2mm of clearance.
Seatstay: about 2mm.

On perfectly dry and debris-free roads it probably could work. However, I would add some frame protection to prevent tire scruffs. And I wouldn't run any wheel narrower than 23mm internal. The bulbous effect of 32c tires a 19-21mm internal wheel would for sure cause rubbing.

A great compromise is a 28c tires on 23mm internal wheels because it plumps the tire to 30mm. This is what I run on all my road bikes.

Macedingle

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 05:26:04 PM »

On perfectly dry and debris-free roads it probably could work. However, I would add some frame protection to prevent tire scruffs. And I wouldn't run any wheel narrower than 23mm internal. The bulbous effect of 32c tires a 19-21mm internal wheel would for sure cause rubbing.

A great compromise is a 28c tires on 23mm internal wheels because it plumps the tire to 30mm. This is what I run on all my road bikes.

Thank you for the excellent answer.

I am about to build up my T1550 with 23 HYPERS. Which is 21 mil Internal, so I should probably stick with 28 or maybe if I want a little more comfort 30mm

SlowOne124

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2024, 09:04:21 AM »

Im curious if i could do the same on my 2022 Elves Falath PRO but with a 30mm tire... i live in a place where its kind of rough. i hope someone could confirm this.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:58:38 AM by SlowOne124 »

Serge_K

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2024, 10:30:29 AM »
At $1780 USD for the disc version, not sure if it represents good value.

I had a look at second hand bikes in France - by extension i assume it's just way better in the UK, where ebay UK is like the mothership when it comes to 2nd hand bikes -. You can now find a boat load of branded disc frames with di2 at really good prices. Supersix, Trek, Look, Scott being the most obvious.
I've become a snob because i'm like "oh, i wouldn't touch these 40cm bars", or "that's not an integrated cockpit" and other BS, but the reality is, about a year ago 2nd hand disc bikes were expensive AF, and now they're not. You can probably get a legit bike with meh wheels for 1500 eur, for sure for less than 2k, which you can then upgrade with deep, wide wheels.
Also, you can get a Look frame for that money, and, well, Look is Look. The screenshot is from their website which means you can knock off another several hundreds if you dig a bit. And then 2nd hand.
The bike industry is going down the toilet, there are deals to be had now.

My point: Winspace is horrendous value. Jacking up prices to pay kick backs to influencers doesn't make your bikes better than a Look, or a Scott, or a Trek, or a Supersix, or a TCR.