Author Topic: Carbonda FM-1306A a 69° Hardtail  (Read 8025 times)

albar

Re: Carbonda FM-1306A a 69° Hardtail
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 02:13:51 AM »
Happy day... for me at least, as I was not particularly happy trying another seller recently..
Carbonda is selling again a hardtail that in addition has an interesting geometry.
The FM-1306A, anyone ordered it already ?
Thank you very much for sharing info about 1306A.
I ordered one size XL and it’s already shipped. I hope I will get it in January.
I wonder why there is no information about it on Carbonda web site?
Can you please share your experience with this frame?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 02:01:31 PM »
Happy day... for me at least, as I was not particularly happy trying another seller recently..
Carbonda is selling again a hardtail that in addition has an interesting geometry.
The FM-1306A, anyone ordered it already ?

May I ask for a photo of the finished build? :)  and how is your impression of the bike? I am thinking of the 1306 although I would like a smaller steering angle around 67°, which I can't really find for hardtail frames with 100.

carbonazza

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 04:31:07 PM »

May I ask for a photo of the finished build? :)  and how is your impression of the bike? I am thinking of the 1306 although I would like a smaller steering angle around 67°, which I can't really find for hardtail frames with 100.

Sure. If everything goes according to plans, the first one will be built this weekend.

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 02:57:05 AM »
Finally built the two this weekend !
No problem to report about the frame.
Brake mounts were aligned. Smooth inside. Headtube ends clean.
Same great build quality as usual from Carbonda.

The pink one is for my sister !
Unfortunately I did order a 31.6 seat tube.::) Waiting for the 30.9 to arrive.

With GX AXS, a ZTTO cassette as she wanted a rainbow, but didn't want to invest in an eagle cassette, we'll see how it goes.
In the picture it is a ZTTO chain, but I don't like the noise it makes, so I have an XX1 on order to replace it.
The wheels are the XC925 from lightbicycle.com with 240 EXP hubs, CX-Rays spokes.

The ZRACE Hardrock crankset looks well built.
The Onirii M4 brakes were a very nice surprise, they look awesome and were very easy to assemble, no bleed required.

The brake adapters coming with the frame F PM160->180 and R FM->PM are a bit chunky, but free  ;)
I had to file a mm or so from the rear one to let the M4 totally on it.

The fork is temporary, she's not a rock garden type of rider, and I try to convince her a rigid fork will be enough.
If it works, we'll order a pink one, if not, we'll buy another fork.

carbonazza

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 03:11:15 AM »
The second black one(size L, the pink is in M) is more on a budget build.
Shimano M6100 components.
DT-Swiss 1900 wheels.
Onirii M4 brakes(I had to bleed the rear, just putting the funnel, and getting some bubble out of the lever).
A Judy fork.
A Elita one seatpost and a UNO stem too.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 04:35:09 PM »
Nice! I’ve been thinking about one of these for a flat bar build that would be mainly for road and gravel with only occasional light (but rooty and eroded) trail. Probably thinking rigid fork and gravel rims/tires. But would love to see more of what others are doing with these!

Pedaldancer

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2023, 05:56:50 AM »
Really nice, thank you for sharing!
Your sister has a cool brother  8).
For my case... it's for my father. The goal is to be lightweight fun bike for nothing more than riding on the broad forest "highways" .

I am still on struggling with the color scheme,  was on blue with white, but then i got told that's the color of the "wrong" soccer club  ::). So maybe I will just do a matte purple-green with fading to black. And decals I will do on my own maybe glossy dark grey  or also black.

I want to finalize the colors tomorrow... then let's see.
Btw: I bought a brake set with PM front brake und FM rear, so I won't need any converting adapters.

carbonazza

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2023, 10:10:32 AM »
Btw: I bought a brake set with PM front brake und FM rear, so I won't need any converting adapters.

From Onirii ?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2023, 11:38:59 AM »
From Onirii ?

No. Just quite boring Shimano XT. Some online shops offer this mixed kit.
I am not very brave to use a Chinese brake for my dad. Before that I must at least have tested it by myself.
Do you already have experience with Onirii?

carbonazza

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2023, 05:40:47 PM »
... Do you already have experience with Onirii?
No, just having read about them.
Thanks! You started to make me feel guilty about my sister :D
They sell FM calipers, 2-piston, so I was wondering if you did make a mullet assembly.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 11:57:05 PM »
No, just having read about them.
Thanks! You started to make me feel guilty about my sister :D
They sell FM calipers, 2-piston, so I was wondering if you did make a mullet assembly.

:-X no no no no. Don't get it like this. It's just in case of maintenance I won't be able to just do it immediately. It's a 450km distance between us. That's why I only picked components where I know they won't need to much care.
It's not because I think the Chinese brakes are dangerous. In fact I am very curious about using them but in case something must be checked immediately I thought a XT is a good choice, cause a local bikeshop can handle them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 12:03:17 AM by Pedaldancer »

carbonazza

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 06:09:20 AM »
@Pedaldancer, it was a joke, no worries  ;D

Just to report, that the ZTTO chain noise was coming from a bad rear derailleur setup  ::)
The final weight is 8.3Kg. I received the seatpost yesterday, Aliexpress has a very fast delivery to Belgium since a few months.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2023, 10:14:16 AM »
@Pedaldancer, it was a joke, no worries  ;D

Just to report, that the ZTTO chain noise was coming from a bad rear derailleur setup  ::)
The final weight is 8.3Kg. I received the seatpost yesterday, Aliexpress has a very fast delivery to Belgium since a few months.

That's really not heavy  8). Have to admit i think my gravel comes up to the same value.. the road handle bar is really heavy compared to a lightweight flatbar. And the frame of the 1306 is much lighter than the 505 :o.
I am pretty excited how it will be for a build with a 100mm rockshox SID SL. Also here i didn't take the ultimate, as the lockout cartridge is sometimes leaking (guess what happened with mine).
I am finalizing the color sketch tonight hopefully  ;D.  Hope Wing can help me..i can choose RAL but I want the best fitting YS metallic/pearlized colors instead ::). I am fine for slight deviations as long as dark blue remains dark blue and doesn't get red or something like that ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:52:07 AM by Pedaldancer »

Chamomile

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2023, 10:36:34 AM »
2 carbonazza

Do you think 38T chainring would fit?

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2023, 03:26:22 PM »
2 carbonazza

Do you think 38T chainring would fit?

It’s fairly likely that at least 2-4 extra teeth could be fit if a symmetric direct mount crank such as Raceface Cinch was used and the ring was flipped. This is usually only done with fat bikes (for tire clearance on 4.6-4.8”) and obviously moves the chain line outboard 8mm but it should allow a substantially bigger ring and chain line crunchiness would probably only significantly affect the granny.