Author Topic: Race oriented gravel frame?  (Read 2526 times)

jever98

Race oriented gravel frame?
« on: August 28, 2022, 03:01:15 PM »
I've been looking around for a race oriented gravel frame, similar to the carbonda 505 - chain stays not longer than 425mm, bb drop in the 70mm range, head angle 71-72 degrees ish. Frame weight ideally 1kg or less.

Any recommendations are welcome. Most frames I see these days seem to be more bike packing / adventure gravel focused (longer wheelbase, lower bb, slacker angles).

J0a_87

Re: Race oriented gravel frame?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 06:42:55 PM »
Looking for a similar frameset. The airwolf YFR066 seems like a good option.. it has a pretty racey geometry and claimed weight <1kg. Only downside is the maximum tyre clearance of 38mm (enough for me). Could be a conservative number though

Pedaldancer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 06:17:40 PM »
If you mention the Carbonda 505... why not the 505?
It is available again. It's just not directly visible on the webpage.
I have seen some 505 builds recently.
But it's not less than 1kg frame weight.  Mine is about  1250g for the painted frame in size S

pearl

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 10:58:29 AM »
Without looking at geometry, I would look at the 3T exploro knockoffs. I had one and loved it, so much that I bought a used Exploro frame. It seems almost every single vendor sells them.

jever98

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 01:36:37 PM »
But it's not less than 1kg frame weight.  Mine is about  1250g for the painted frame in size S
That's good to know!

diefobo

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 03:40:38 AM »

unfortunately not available in my size M 54.....

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 08:47:52 AM »

Did they tell you if it will be available in the future ?

diefobo

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 08:52:51 AM »
Did they tell you if it will be available in the future ?

They reply "we won't be making szie M size again this year" and then "we will change some places and adjust the price.
The details are still up in the air"

hazzer19

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 10:58:41 AM »
VeloBuild just announced a new CX frame. Tempted to switch over from my newly built GF-002 to the new CX-002 for the more race oriented geometry.

http://www.velobuild.com/products/cx-002-carbon-fiber-disc-brake-cyclocross-frame-1

s3si1u

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 01:51:22 AM »
VeloBuild just announced a new CX frame. Tempted to switch over from my newly built GF-002 to the new CX-002 for the more race oriented geometry.

http://www.velobuild.com/products/cx-002-carbon-fiber-disc-brake-cyclocross-frame-1

sweet...unnecessarily aero tube shapes, but I like the geometry. I wonder if it comes with the same separate handlebar bar and stem option as their other integrated bikes?

Zdrenka89

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 04:44:21 AM »

This is right up my ally. I think they really read the marked well on this one. There is a gap in the (chinese frame) marked for this type of bike.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 10:00:38 AM »

Oh no. That's sad to hear! Maybe you can find something similar at seraph/tantan ? Although I don't have one on my own, I read a lot good about their frames.
Change some places? What does that mean?

tbgallant

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 12:27:17 PM »
For the Velobuild CX-002, how do they accomplish the internal routing?  I like the being able to supply my own stem/bar, but I also like the idea that I can run the lines through the front of the headset (keeping the lines out of the wind tucked under the stem). 

Pedaldancer

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 01:40:50 PM »
For the Velobuild CX-002, how do they accomplish the internal routing?  I like the being able to supply my own stem/bar, but I also like the idea that I can run the lines through the front of the headset (keeping the lines out of the wind tucked under the stem).
It's not possible to do fully infernal routing if the upper headset is 1 1/8". You can only put the hoses in the stem and headset if the headset is larger than the fork in the upper part. Usually 1 1/2" headset and 1 1/8" fork

s3si1u

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 05:30:46 PM »
It has a straight 1 1/2" - 1 1/2". I'm sure it route the cables in between the headset bearing and front of the fork much like every internal routing open mold frame. It probably comes with the same bar and stem all the other VBs come with as well.
Instagram: @aerosloth