Author Topic: Trusted road carbon bar  (Read 1617 times)

GilardiRT

Trusted road carbon bar
« on: May 11, 2022, 02:10:55 AM »
Hello, do you have any suggestion for a 380mm carbon bar? Thank you

Irideslowly

Re: Trusted road carbon bar
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 04:39:15 AM »
Yoeleo H9.

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 09:25:50 AM »
I installed quite a few bars from Carbonda.com, the HB002 or the CGB01(flared) for a few years.
They never came back as broken :)

patliean1

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 03:13:53 PM »
Prime aero bars from Wiggle or Chain Reaction

I own both the alloy and carbon versions. Cant go wrong with either!

Serge_K

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 09:10:14 AM »
If anyone is interested, I bought this in 38. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802845939423.html? Havent installed them yet, but they're stiff AF, i can't bend them at all (off the bike). It's not integrated, but i wanted something i would trust my life with, so I figured a simpler design was likely to be safer. Paid USD41 (in 2021)
Years ago I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251801552845472.html? in 42. I've put thousands on km on it, mostly going up and down mountain passes, have had no issue at all. I chose that because that model seemed to be ubiquitous w lots of sales / feedback. Again, I avoided going for something exotic and untested. Paid GBP22 (in 2017)

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 09:27:29 AM »
If anyone is interested, I bought this in 38. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802845939423.html? Havent installed them yet, but they're stiff AF, i can't bend them at all (off the bike). It's not integrated, but i wanted something i would trust my life with, so I figured a simpler design was likely to be safer. Paid USD41 (in 2021)
Years ago I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251801552845472.html? in 42. I've put thousands on km on it, mostly going up and down mountain passes, have had no issue at all. I chose that because that model seemed to be ubiquitous w lots of sales / feedback. Again, I avoided going for something exotic and untested. Paid GBP22 (in 2017)

Reach:89MM <-----This right here makes me very happy
Drop:128mm
Drop Outsweep:0°

ancientone

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 11:25:26 AM »
Hello, do you have any suggestion for a 380mm carbon bar? Thank you

NOT "Toseek" please !! It was horrible. Uneven and weak. Difficult to route the cables as holes was small.  First chinese carbon dropbar I've bought. I dumpped this in the thrash after I got the OG-EVKIN and it appears to start to crack even though I have never had any accident with this.

I replaced that with "OG-EVKIN HB-1300" and it was greated.  I was able to compare against Toseek , and this was great. Could see that it was very even. Easy to mount the bshifters, and easy to route the internal cables. Lighter than the Toseek. Had a accident on this where my bike flipped 360 and landed on the OG-EVKIN handlebar+shifter (Sensah carbon shifter) , just  a scratch... I managed to sand the scratch on the sensah shifter, and it was barely noticable... I highly recommend this...   
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:28:10 AM by ancientone »

patliean1

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »
I still cannot recommend Prime Bike Components enough. Regardless of whether or not you're putting down 1300 watts in a field sprint...you really don't wanna be risking injuries with lightweight or crappy handlebars.

svanimpe

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2022, 04:31:40 PM »
@ancientone: That doesn't really say anything about Toseek or OG EVKIN as a brand. They often sell identical parts, just with a different brand slapped on it. I've used both, with mostly good results, but I'm using OG EVKIN less and less as they're trying to charge premium prices for parts that aren't even exclusive to them, and have the same QC issues you have with other AliExpress sellers.

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 06:57:44 PM »
If you are hesitant to trust cheap carbon but open to light weight 7050 alloy, Kalloy UNO bars are really nice. ~260 grams and very affordable.

ancientone

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »
@ancientone: That doesn't really say anything about Toseek or OG EVKIN as a brand. They often sell identical parts, just with a different brand slapped on it. I've used both, with mostly good results, but I'm using OG EVKIN less and less as they're trying to charge premium prices for parts that aren't even exclusive to them, and have the same QC issues you have with other AliExpress sellers.

If you don't consider other cyclist experiences and feedback, than basically it would definitely not say anything.

I only buy from "official shops". So if it has a "QC" issue, it's the brands responsibility. Again, those are my personal experiences, if you have different one, great for you.

Yes, I think OG-EVKIN is over priced but outside of buying from brand names like Specialized at 4 times their price which is even more overpriced , I feel comfortable with OG-EVKIN handlebar. I do regret getting their saddle. AND they do get pissy with customers if they get bad review, so that's definitely a negative.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 08:54:19 PM »
Lol, going for the absolute cheapest carbon bars I can find. And just going Yolo. I have inspection cameras. And will be looking at the inside of the bars.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

ancientone

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 07:07:05 AM »
Lol, going for the absolute cheapest carbon bars I can find. And just going Yolo. I have inspection cameras. And will be looking at the inside of the bars.

Me too. The inspection cameras are much cheaper than many would think. :-)

In the case of ToSeek, I didn't even have to look inside the bar to see the defects.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 08:54:53 AM »
I swear I think toseek buys all the bad ones. I just bought literally the lowest priced ones I could find. as it seems like a craps shoot anyways with those bars.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]