Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 36732 times)

Dictatorsaurus

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2023, 08:11:48 AM »
How efficient is the Epic Evo clone suspension compared to the Giant Anthem Maestro?

Currently running the 2021 Anthem 29 and considering a carbon FS china bike.

Andrey3336

« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2023, 12:46:15 PM »
Nice! Love the color scheme, can you share some more detailed shot of the paint? From which seller?
AliExpress - AWST Cycling Tactics Store
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=W5luZoW
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 12:52:34 PM by Andrey3336 »

Kactusdog

« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2023, 02:25:07 PM »

Did you also get useless shock hardware? I don’t get it. He won’t listen to me telling him that his hardware isn’t working with more shocks out there.

Andrey3336

« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2023, 11:41:51 PM »
Yes, the equipment is not suitable.  I had to order the necessary parts from the turner.

Kactusdog

« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2023, 01:48:56 PM »

I see you’re using the top bearing and top cap AWST provides, how is the fit? Did you have to add any additional micro spacer-washers? I am getting my top bind binding to the frame when I try to preload everything. I think the top bearing is wrong and drops too deep, or the top cap needs to engage deeper.

Looks like the stock Epics have that flat fsa top cap.

Andrey3336

« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2023, 03:41:42 AM »
Yes, I had to add a spacer ring of about 2.5 millimeters under the upper bearing cap.

Kactusdog

« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2023, 01:21:20 PM »
Yes, I had to add a spacer ring of about 2.5 millimeters under the upper bearing cap.

A visit to a local bike shop and a buck later, I got exact what I needed, thanks! I was worried I need a more proprietary headset.

The build is finally complete :D  ::) This was my worst performance when it came to barb and olive installation, I screwed up 2 times, equaling about 15mm of lost hose length on an already short hose. but the ICR plastic insert puts enough pressure to allow me to cinch some shift cable into the frame for an equal length to the hose… this is the crap I obsess over.

The final ride fits me great. Size L for a 183cm, 170 lbs man. 50mm oneup stem.

I used a 150mm OneUp dropper with an OG Wolftooth lever.
SLX 7100 brakes modded for bite point adjust
XX1 shift set
SROAD rainbow 10-50 cassette
YBN waxed 12spd chain
Generic Eagle crankset
XT 8100 pedals
780 OneUp bars with Ergon GA3 grips
Fox float DPS 45mm rear shock
SID Select+ 120 fork
Fake Roval Traverse SL wheelset (LB rims on the new 350s)
Aliexpress rainbow centerline rotors
SRAM housing for the dropper and shifter.

I think that’s it… for any future builders of this frame, feel free to hit me up with any questions, I can answer pretty much anything about this AWST frame.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 01:25:38 PM by Kactusdog »

Ludo

« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2023, 01:34:07 PM »
That looks great!

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2023, 12:05:55 AM »

A visit to a local bike shop and a buck later, I got exact what I needed, thanks! I was worried I need a more proprietary headset.

The build is finally complete :D  ::) This was my worst performance when it came to barb and olive installation, I screwed up 2 times, equaling about 15mm of lost hose length on an already short hose. but the ICR plastic insert puts enough pressure to allow me to cinch some shift cable into the frame for an equal length to the hose… this is the crap I obsess over.

The final ride fits me great. Size L for a 183cm, 170 lbs man. 50mm oneup stem.

I used a 150mm OneUp dropper with an OG Wolftooth lever.
SLX 7100 brakes modded for bite point adjust
XX1 shift set
SROAD rainbow 10-50 cassette
YBN waxed 12spd chain
Generic Eagle crankset
XT 8100 pedals
780 OneUp bars with Ergon GA3 grips
Fox float DPS 45mm rear shock
SID Select+ 120 fork
Fake Roval Traverse SL wheelset (LB rims on the new 350s)
Aliexpress rainbow centerline rotors
SRAM housing for the dropper and shifter.

I think that’s it… for any future builders of this frame, feel free to hit me up with any questions, I can answer pretty much anything about this AWST frame.

what is the weight?

How do you rate the quality of manufacture of  frames in general and frame details relative to carbonda?

How do you rate the stiffness of the frame relative to carbonda?

How do you the ride on this frame compared to carbonda?

darkening

« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2023, 03:58:52 AM »
I've just removed botomless token from my SIDLuxe. Then, to maintain the same amount of sag, I had to pump air pressure from 120psi to 170psi . Without token it eats bigger bumps, I like it much more.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2023, 11:29:58 PM »
Can anyone give long term feedback on the frame? What's broken, what's worn out? Something went wrong?

what's the mileage? what altitude gain? jumps, drops?

federic000

« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2023, 02:17:52 PM »
I’ve seen a couple of these frames on a Spanish forum where bottom bracket fell out completely after 3 months. The metal part detached from the carbon.
Any other feedbacks ?
Would you go with awst or airwolf?
Thx

Kactusdog

« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2023, 02:26:10 PM »
I’ve seen a couple of these frames on a Spanish forum where bottom bracket fell out completely after 3 months. The metal part detached from the carbon.
Any other feedbacks ?
Would you go with awst or airwolf?
Thx

Do you have any photos or screenshots to share? Haven’t seen anything like that on mine. They are pretty similar, I would just go with whichever responds better about avoiding spraying paint on the posts for braking, and the bb shell area. 

federic000

« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2023, 11:23:55 PM »
Do you have any photos or screenshots to share? Haven’t seen anything like that on mine. They are pretty similar, I would just go with whichever responds better about avoiding spraying paint on the posts for braking, and the bb shell area. 

This thread here http://www.foromtb.com/threads/chiner-doble-poquito-a-poquito.884768/page-209

Page 209

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2023, 11:42:10 PM »
They are pretty similar

what is the difference between them?