Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 40675 times)

darkening

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2023, 02:02:33 PM »
Airwolf sells this frame with 2 options: EV linkage and EP linkage? What to choose? I do not have a rear shock yet. Only 110mm SID fork. I plan to build XC 100\110 bike. So standard epic geo wold be fine. thanks!

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005099496183.html

Kactusdog

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2023, 04:16:12 PM »
Airwolf sells this frame with 2 options: EV linkage and EP linkage? What to choose? I do not have a rear shock yet. Only 110mm SID fork. I plan to build XC 100\110 bike. So standard epic geo wold be fine. thanks!

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005099496183.html

That depends. Do you want to use a normal eye to eye shock? Go EV (Epic EVO). If you want the threaded shock, used for in the Brain configuration, go EP (Epic).

If you’re not installing and using a brain, why get the frame with the Brain rear end? Get the EVO package… I would buy the one offered by AllStar cycling, his name is AWST Cycling Tactics on ali. He has an updated structure linkage and yoke. As of like a month ago.

darkening

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2023, 10:58:47 PM »
Get the EVO package… I would buy the one offered by AllStar cycling, his name is AWST Cycling Tactics on ali.
Thanks, found it. I've liked the painting.

He has an updated structure linkage and yoke. As of like a month ago.
What is the benefit of updated linkage and yoke gives?

btw, this shock RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate RL 190x40 will fit this frame?:
https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/rockshox-sidluxe-ultimate-rl-shock/137670131/p

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 11:10:41 PM by darkening »

Kactusdog

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2023, 12:00:06 AM »
Thanks, found it. I've liked the painting.
What is the benefit of updated linkage and yoke gives?

btw, this shock RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate RL 190x40 will fit this frame?:
https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/rockshox-sidluxe-ultimate-rl-shock/137670131/p

The new linkage? That I am not sure of. I haven’t asked him yet. I feel sort of bad, he always seems busy and i’ve asked him like 25 questions about his frame lol. I hope he knows I do want to buy, that i’m not just kicking tires and being neurotic. It appears to be the same dimensions as before, so you probably just improved weight/structure.

The shock question: Yes. According to AWST seller, he says a 190x40 fits, but that he recommends a 190x45 eye to eye shock (Not the Epic screw on one) for its simplicity and to realize the full travel of the frameset. Btw, according to leverage ratios of 2:1, you will be getting about 88-95mm of travel with that 45mm stroke. With 40mm you should theoretically expect 80-83mm of travel.

Luckily for you, that shock’s aircan can be screwed off and you can remove the 5mm bumper to extend the stroke to 45. That’s what I plan to do myself actually. I don’t know exactly how yet as I haven’t done so  :P

I hope someone who knows more about suspension can confirm, the leverage ration of 2:1 calls for roughly a M compression L rebound in Rockshox, is that right?

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2023, 12:52:11 AM »
I hope someone who knows more about suspension can confirm, the leverage ration of 2:1 calls for roughly a M compression L rebound in Rockshox, is that right?

something like that, yes. But in fact, the compression L can also be, perhaps it will even fit better.

there is a thread on mtbr about converting old epic to bikeyoke link sus. People ride with MM tune shock and don't feel uncomfortable about it.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2023, 02:08:27 AM »
https://www.foromtb.com/threads/chiner-doble-poquito-a-poquito.884768/page-215

I didn't manage to register with permissions to discuss. To ask the owner of this frame about his impressions of it

darkening

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2023, 04:45:14 AM »
Not bad at all if you want a 100/100 XC bike. It's a regular epic frame. I wanted more travel.....I wanted the epic evo.

Airwolf version comes with UDH rear handger? It is a lot cheaper for me to get Airwolf than AWST (including shipping rates). AWST clearly points that they do use UDH.

wwwru

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2023, 04:47:07 AM »
Airwolf version comes with UDH rear handger? It is a lot cheaper for me to get Airwolf than AWST (including shipping rates). AWST clearly points that they do use UDH.

My frame from Airwolf had a UHD, or at least a close copy.

darkening

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2023, 06:24:58 AM »
My frame from Airwolf had a UHD, or at least a close copy.
Seller from Aliexpress replied "no UDH"... strange.

darkening

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
That depends. Do you want to use a normal eye to eye shock? Go EV (Epic EVO). If you want the threaded shock, used for in the Brain configuration, go EP (Epic).

If you’re not installing and using a brain, why get the frame with the Brain rear end? Get the EVO package… I would buy the one offered by AllStar cycling, his name is AWST Cycling Tactics on ali. He has an updated structure linkage and yoke. As of like a month ago.

I've talked to Airwolf, they could also send updated version of this frame. (without brain holes, etc). It could be, that they source it from the same place :)

So I've odrered the updated version from Airwolf. Lets see.. The only concern for me: If i buy trunion version of RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate RL (that comes without bushing), is everything I need to install it on a frame comes from a frame supplier?  This is a first time I'm getting a full sus bike :)

wwwru

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2023, 12:59:51 PM »
The only concern for me: If i buy trunion version of RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate RL (that comes without bushing), is everything I need to install it on a frame comes from a frame supplier?

No, you will need to source proper bushings or have them fabricated. Bushings that came with the frame were more like place holders and did not fit the rockshox deluxe shock I was planning on using.  My frame came with a hanger and a headset only.  It did not even have grommets around the internal cable routing holes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:11:16 PM by wwwru »

ftajiri

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2023, 05:52:29 PM »
I've talked to Airwolf, they could also send updated version of this frame. (without brain holes, etc). It could be, that they source it from the same place :)

So I've odrered the updated version from Airwolf. Lets see.. The only concern for me: If i buy trunion version of RockShox SIDLuxe Ultimate RL (that comes without bushing), is everything I need to install it on a frame comes from a frame supplier?  This is a first time I'm getting a full sus bike :)

why trunion shock? the shock is standart type shock... the frame shock points are 19mm and 13mm.. no way to fit trunion shock

darkening

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2023, 09:29:37 PM »
why trunion shock? the shock is standart type shock... the frame shock points are 19mm and 13mm.. no way to fit trunion shock

Sorry, I am new for this rear shock standards, confusing. I plan to buy this one. Looks like it is standard:

And I have no idea yet, what else I have to buy to be able to mount that shock on this Evo clone frame. :(

Kactusdog

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2023, 10:08:09 PM »
Sorry, I am new for this rear shock standards, confusing. I plan to buy this one. Looks like it is standard:

And I have no idea yet, what else I have to buy to be able to mount that shock on this Evo clone frame. :(

Do you have photos of what airwolf offers? That’s interesting, they do not advertise that. I wonder about the quality differences. From ali, Airwolf weight numbers are heavier.

darkening

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2023, 01:11:02 AM »
Do you have photos of what airwolf offers? That’s interesting, they do not advertise that. I wonder about the quality differences. From ali, Airwolf weight numbers are heavier.

They sent me photo of rear triangle. See attachement. I will post update here, when I'll receive it.