Author Topic: Speeder cycling  (Read 3496 times)

Ved

Speeder cycling
« on: September 25, 2022, 05:47:02 PM »
Has anyone ordered anything from this company? Seems like their frame design is identical to winspace  and a few others. Seeing as they’re cheaper than most of those am I safe in ordering a frame and assuming they are coming from the same factory with the same frame weight etc? I don’t suspect I’d get a straight answer if asking directly.

Looking at the SC-R49D for completeness sake.

s3si1u

Re: Speeder cycling
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 07:00:54 PM »
Here you go:
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3597.0.html

Geometry for their frames looks to be the same as Winspace. I've thought about picking up the R48V, but it has to be made to order
Instagram: @aerosloth

Ved

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 08:16:54 PM »
Thanks. Yea ok. Maybe I be a Guinea pig and order the 49D then. A lot of people discussing them but can’t see whether many have actually ordered one. Very interested to see how it stacks up against winspace frames

daforce84

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 12:12:27 AM »
Thanks. Yea ok. Maybe I be a Guinea pig and order the 49D then. A lot of people discussing them but can’t see whether many have actually ordered one. Very interested to see how it stacks up against winspace frames

There have been a few threads for Speeder, and there have been a few folks that've ordered from them, including me. Just email them and arrange an order... Like my post in the other thread mentioned, don't expect much in terms of customizations, unless you're willing to pay for it. And like the post above mentioned, there will probably be some sort of lead time. If those terms don't sit well with you, there's always Winspace.

Ved

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 05:04:38 AM »
Good to know. Think I’ll pull the trigger on the new 49D.

There have been a few threads for Speeder, and there have been a few folks that've ordered from them, including me. Just email them and arrange an order... Like my post in the other thread mentioned, don't expect much in terms of customizations, unless you're willing to pay for it. And like the post above mentioned, there will probably be some sort of lead time. If those terms don't sit well with you, there's always Winspace.

Ved

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 03:41:28 AM »
I’ve ordered the 49d is a custom colour way.

Also just ordered the 12 speed ultegra groupset and have winspace wheels.

I’ll let you know how the build goes. Should have it by mid Jan. I currently own a 2020 Merida Scultura 8000E.

agomezda

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 04:31:59 AM »
Hi, 52D ordered here, black gloss. They are not really customizing a lot (no decals etc), but they were open to discuss complex colors (glitter, metallic...), although I did not feel like taking the risk and went the easy way with black.

I guess we will get more insight as frames arrive, first orders might arrive to forum memebers in Dec. Mine EoJanuary or Feb since it is estimated to be ready 6th of Jan. I will post my progress.

Bonpensiero

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 08:05:18 AM »
[...] but they were open to discuss complex colors (glitter, metallic...)

Interesting. I had also asked about possible colours and was told that only black was possible and they don’t offer custom painting for a single set.

agomezda

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 08:24:33 AM »
This might mean they have lots of orders and a bottleneck painting?
70$ they told me at the time. Shinny red gloss with sparkles. They also said it was possible painting the seatpost and cockpit at the time…

Ved

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »
Received the frame.

Extremely happy with the finish of the paint, the appearance of the carbon inside the frame. Getting it built next week so I’ll report ride quality and maybe post pic of completed build.

So far it’s exceeded my expectations so I hope the ride does too.

Tines

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:18 PM »
Received the frame.

Extremely happy with the finish of the paint, the appearance of the carbon inside the frame. Getting it built next week so I’ll report ride quality and maybe post pic of completed build.

So far it’s exceeded my expectations so I hope the ride does too.
Great to hear! Also slightly ahead of schedule. Did they communicate with you prior or just informed you that the frame is done and will be shipped next?

Ved

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 02:13:23 PM »
I prompted Justin a fortnight ago and he confirmed the frame was almost ready at the time.

Ved

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »
Couldn’t be happier with the frame set tbh.

Looks and feels fantastic. Subjectively speaking it feels stiff, fast and posed in corners. More so than my Merida scultura 8000e.

Did a 200km ride as it’s first ride and felt fantastic

contraptions

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 04:07:50 PM »
Couldn’t be happier with the frame set tbh.

Looks and feels fantastic. Subjectively speaking it feels stiff, fast and posed in corners. More so than my Merida scultura 8000e.

Did a 200km ride as it’s first ride and felt fantastic

Did you get the integrated bars? Weights?

Any photos would be much appreciated.

I have a pair of their carbon spoked wheels which have held up to a 1000km of running in without incidence, but the front hub tolerances are crap, wheel rocks in bearings even when axle overtightened.

Ved

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 10:06:06 PM »
Ye got the handlebars and seat post. Didn’t weigh components individually but it’s come out to 7.9kgs including pedals, bottle cages, mounts.

That’s running winspace 38s and 12 speed ultegra with in built power meter. Frame and fork were painted