Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 138703 times)

sbellote

I've been using chains from Aliexpress for >3yrs now, my take is that you need to be more aware of the store, if it seems legit, than of the reviews (because more often then not it's just a '1st impression', not a proper review)
gone by 4 KMC x10 chains and all seemed legit, lasted around 8kkm so good enough considering all were bought on sale
I'm on my first YBN set and I'm liking it, apart from one time that a link disengaged and I had to fix it on the road, nothing to complain.
I've seen YBN on 'Choice' items, so I think it's worth taking a look, considering the low price it should be enough to try it at least.

for the 11.11 sale in general, prices didn't drop much but that's usual for AliEx for at least 2yrs. But for Brazil at least the coupons this time are very good, and plus the progressive discount, it's the best sale in a long time!
I've got this 3D saddle from Ryet to try out (have the Aircode one and love it) and also these VXW gloves to replace my YKYW ones.. also some Hualong bottle cages and other small stuff for my mtb. I'm trying to keep it cheap this time, not much money extra right now lol

Tijoe

I woke up early this morning long enough to place my order after 11-11 started in my time zone.   I was ready to make an order of around $500USD.   Reviewed my cart and noticed that 3 of the items in my cart had price increases totaling about $8.00   WTF!  I found other stores selling the items at the discount I had before.   
After checking all the items in my box, I proceeded to check out and put in the coupon code for $60 off 300 or over order.   Clicked the button and the sale wouldn't complete.  Warning came up that "Items are not available"    I had to navigate back to my cart.  Discovered that if I put the mouse on the - + side of the qty ordered, I could see a "Null' red circle come up to items. Items with this on each side of the qty I was ordering appear to be out of stock. 
Then I noticed that 2 larger priced items, no longer had the 11-11 banner and I wasn't receiving discounts for them.  (Aliexpress algorithm games?)

I adjusted items in my cart to reflect Just over $360.  Went back to checkout and put in the coupon code again.   Yeah! The reduced $$ order went through and I got all my discounts.

I don't remember ever having any of these issues in past 11-11 sales.   

I'll try to find some more deals this next week.  Perhaps make another order or two.   11-11 just isn't as much fun as it used to be.   Seems to me the whole experience has been diminished by the difficulties I encountered this year.   All of my 1st of the month "Choice" purchases went really smoothly. 

Ludo

On my side I couldnt get the 100 for 500 coupon to work even when I had 530$ in cart (before discount and shipping). I ended up using the 300 and 100 coupon totalling 75$ discount but also got an extra $16 from 4 for 20, so didnt miss out on much.

TidyDinosaur

On my side I couldnt get the 100 for 500 coupon to work even when I had 530$ in cart (before discount and shipping). I ended up using the 300 and 100 coupon totalling 75$ discount but also got an extra $16 from 4 for 20, so didnt miss out on much.

All the codes stopped working here  >:(

Wet Noodle

Same here with the codes. 15-100 was basically gone as soon as the sale began. However, there have been coupons on a first-come basis in the last years as well - only that there was much much more coupon stuff going on then (like silly games and clicky stuff to get select coupons if you check in every day before the sale, more $ on coins, global Ali coupons just-because and whatnot). Ali seems to by much more stingy this time around.

coffeebreak

Where are you guys, I just used 100 off 500 coupon in the USA. I have now used all the coupons spread across multiple purchases except 8 off 50 which I didn't see promoted earlier.

Ludo

US too

coffeebreak

Try again may be. All the coupons are working. I am just resisting Delihea Tank frameset from wife's account.

TidyDinosaur

Try again may be. All the coupons are working. I am just resisting Delihea Tank frameset from wife's account.

Nothing here (EU)... What a disappointing sale...

Tijoe

I am hoping that Aliexpress has disappointing sales, and then they drop prices after Thanksgiving and the US Black Friday sales.   US could quickly be in a world of hurt if our government closes starting Thanksgiving.   Wallets will be zipped shut, and spending greatly reduced.  Then we might see some real sales before Christmas. 

I believe that Aliexpress is trying to operate just like Western open market companies where they are using consumer habits and consumption behaviors compiled into marketing program algorithms that adjust prices real time around the world based on available available funds and credit purchasers have available to them.

I see this predatory pricing all the time on Amazon.  I purchased an item on sale a month ago for $149.  Now the lowest price I can find is $199.  Amazon jacks up the prices before Prime day, so when they discount it back to the previous sale/street price, it seems like a deal to most consumers.

jonathanf2

Ugh, I tried to make a purchase this morning and the higher priced coupons would not work. The best I could get to work was the $8 off $50 USD coupon. I bought some small essential spare part items I can't buy locally. The rest of the parts I can scavenge locally. Anyways I think I'm done for the year with AliEx. I feel like they eff'ed up the ball on this one.

Crash217

Snagged some good deals on 11.11.

Fingers cross the Wheel Top EDS actually gets to me.

Also Ordered up;
AirBank branded cycplus electronic mini air pump.
Senecx mtb Crankset.
Magene/ZRace power meter Crankset
New light bar for the mtb.
KS Dropper post.

And a few other random bits.  I’ll write some posts on the high ticket items when I get them.

eekden

Ugh, I tried to make a purchase this morning and the higher priced coupons would not work. The best I could get to work was the $8 off $50 USD coupon. I bought some small essential spare part items I can't buy locally. The rest of the parts I can scavenge locally. Anyways I think I'm done for the year with AliEx. I feel like they eff'ed up the ball on this one.

I had an issue with coupons too. It kept “expiring” my order and I contacted support and they said it was because I had an invalid or fraudulent coupon which is insane because it was the auto applied one from the 11.11 sale. Customer service was useless and they said I can report feedback as a way to escalate which can take 5 days. 

AzureEssence

What country are yall ordering from? Might try using a VPN? I had no problems using AEUS60 for 60 off 200 in the US. Ordered an Elitewheels ENT-MTB carbon wheelset for $307 shipped after tax.

jonathanf2

What country are yall ordering from? Might try using a VPN? I had no problems using AEUS60 for 60 off 200 in the US. Ordered an Elitewheels ENT-MTB carbon wheelset for $307 shipped after tax.

The US. Seems like the issue is on AliEx. Like why would I need to use a VPN to use the in-website coupon. Also that's the first time I've seen the coupons auto-implemented. Before you inputted manually, but it didn't cause any issues. Seems the problem is on their end.