Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 138593 times)

jonathanf2

Got it. Funnily enough the thumb trigger on LTwoo is what caught my fancy. I have Shimano and SRAM.. And this looked different.

I really like the Sensah shift motion and ergonomics. It looks clean with just one brake/shift lever. The only thing I don't like is that the shift cable routing is a bit convoluted (same as LTwoo), you really need to pull firmly on the shift cable near the RD to make sure there's no slack (indexing will be off) and downshifting might require a bit of finger reach if you're in the drops (requires double clicks). On the plus side I feel the shifting is smoother under load when climbing compared to Shimano, the shift clicks actually sound cool and definitely the lower price. I don't race, so the nuances of shifting might be an issue, but I've never had any problems on fast group rides.

Also at this point, I think Sensah as ironed out a lot of their early production issues. I consider them one of the more mature Chinese brands at this point like Senicx, Onirii, etc. State Bicycles in the US use their components and they're starting to pop as an OEM on some entry level bike builds. Even though LTwoo has been first to bat with hydraulic and now electronic, I don't consider them a mature brand yet with solid components.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 01:38:24 PM by jonathanf2 »

coffeebreak

Also at this point, I think Sensah as ironed out a lot of their early production issues. I consider them one of the more mature Chinese brands at this point like Senicx, Onirii, etc. State Bicycles in the US use their components and they're starting to pop as an OEM on some entry level bike builds. Even though LTwoo has been first to bat with hydraulic and now electronic, I don't consider them a mature brand yet with solid components.

I agree with this assessment. Plenty of issues reported by members here regarding LTwoo groups.

coffeebreak

I have 7 items that I ordered on 11-11 that haven't even shipped yet!   OTOH, I have been ordering up to 10 items on their $1.99 sale with free shipping when you order 3 items minimum.  These batches of items have been taking about 10 working days to arrive.  (Delivery to Montana)   I have 2 items from past "12 day guaranteed" purchases/sales, (or get a free $1 coupon) that have gone missing, and I am waiting for the 45 days to pass so I can get a refund.

3 of other small items that I ordered on 13th Nov are here today (Washington state). Items in question - Varia tail light mount, Taimeli titanium screws, Heppe golden cables. The tracking shows they came from China and not shipped locally within USA. That is actually *pretty* fast. If they keep up like this and reduce shipping even further, down to 5-6 days I will stop ordering sh*t from Amazon Prime which is 95% AliExpress stuff anyway, except fast shipping cost factored in.

P.S. Interestingly the Heppe cables came in a bubble wrap with large sticker on it that said "TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL INSIDE" LOOOOLLL
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 07:43:53 PM by coffeebreak »

jonathanf2

I ordered mostly AliEx choice items during the 11.11 sale and the bulk of the items arrived within 5-7 days. In fact the only item that hasn't arrived yet was something I ordered back on Nov. 3rd. My recent orders have been arriving via a nondescript courier (doesn't say who in tracking), sometimes just delivered by a private car. Interestingly enough, even more bike frame brands are starting to store their frames in US warehouses. I think AliExpress is following the Amazon warehouse model.

Though Amazon still has some hidden deals. I recently found a 2x MTB direct mount chainring for $6 USD on Amazon Prime. Same chainring goes for $16-20 on AliExpress. Also I like to search the bargain bin aka Amazon warehouse section for return items. I've found unused Panaracer GravelKings and Conti GP5000 tires for half off retail that way.

Tijoe

Has anyone purchased and used one of these solar cell phone chargers specifically for bikepacking?  Do they work?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805241190552.html?spm=a2g0o.best.moretolove.18.62062c25zewaJq&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

jonathanf2

Not as good as the discounts you'll get during AliEx sales, but Elite Wheels has dropped the price on the Elite Edge disc wheelset to $618 USD for Black Friday on US Amazon. If you want to get your wheels with Amazon buyer protection and 2 day shipping this is another option:

https://www.amazon.com/ELITEWHEELS-Carbon-Wheels-Ultralight-Wheelset/dp/B0BNPKV688

The Standard ENT 50mm depth 27mm external width wheelset is $390 USD on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/ELITEWHEELS-Carbon-Wheels-Wheelset-Cycling/dp/B08JTLMSR9

coffeebreak

Are Elite wheels ENT a rebrand of Superteam or vice-versa

raisinberry777

Are Elite wheels ENT a rebrand of Superteam or vice-versa

No - they are completely different wheels from completely different companies.

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806020104144.html

Has anyone tried this RockBros bike light? It also works as a phone charger.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:57:58 AM by jonathanf2 »

Tijoe

I saw this light/powerbank and was wondering if it is any good.  I am starting a thought process how to set up my bike packing "dashboard"  and any item that can be integrated together is a good thing.   I've seen a cool power bank with a recording video camera in it and 1/2 thought it would be good to mount on the handlebars to be able to record riding when you are on the road with traffic, plus recharge things.

toxin

Ooh I've been looking for a light/power bank combo, nice find

Actually now that I think about it, mounting it on a quarter mount means you have to angle your holder down and your computer away from you.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 01:44:29 PM by toxin »

jonathanf2

I saw this light/powerbank and was wondering if it is any good.  I am starting a thought process how to set up my bike packing "dashboard"  and any item that can be integrated together is a good thing.   I've seen a cool power bank with a recording video camera in it and 1/2 thought it would be good to mount on the handlebars to be able to record riding when you are on the road with traffic, plus recharge things.

I can imagine using this for long bike rides. I usually listen to music with bone conduction earphones and within 2 hours my phone battery is below 40%.

Actually now that I think about it, mounting it on a quarter mount means you have to angle your holder down and your computer away from you.

I guess it's best to see the product as a powerbank first, bike light second. Though for longer rides or riding in more remote areas, it does have a convenient placement.

kenderu

This is more of a product to be seen and not to see. I think this is the rockbros version of the Raveman FR160

coffeebreak

Is there a Sensah equivalent of LTwoo GR 7 (10 speed gravel groupset)? I can only find Sensah Phi shifters and derailleur but it's road style with 28t max support whereas the LTwoo GR7 goes up to 50t on the rear. The SRX pro is 11 speed which is the only gravel/CX groupset by Sensah?

coffeebreak

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806020104144.html

Has anyone tried this RockBros bike light? It also works as a phone charger.

I like the looks of this thing.