Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 141335 times)

jonathanf2

Yeah its the usual semi external routing that many other molds like the 696 have. Not tidy but I can imagine people preferring it over full ICR. Not bad with fast delivery IMO.

This frame does offer full ICR though through the headset. Semi-external doesn't bug me though, I don't even own a full ICR frame!

If you do plan on buying this frame, ask for a discount. During the 11.11 sale, another seller with the same frame and US stock (could very well be the same vendor) offered me an additional discount coupon that brought the price down to sub-$300 USD w/tax. I almost pulled the trigger, but I already have a carbon gravel frame.

AzureEssence

Has anyone tried these ZTTO JT07 pedals? I'm pretty interested as they're super light at 300g. The pins look terrible though, I'd probably replace them all with something more aggressive, which would also rise the weight a bit.

$16.24  63%OFF | ZTTO MTB CNC Aluminum Alloy Ultralight Flat Pedal AM Enduro Bike Smooth Bearings 9/16 Thread Large Area For Gravel JT07
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKcQ69q

Ludo

I went for the hub with titanium axle, they weigh 220g.

jonathanf2

I bit the bullet and ordered this power bank/light for longer rides to charge my phone. I was given an additional discount reducing the price to $13 USD, though regular price is $19 USD. I figure I could place it on my phone mount which also uses a Garmin mount interface and I can charge it while riding.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806196991792.html

« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 07:24:40 PM by jonathanf2 »

Tijoe

I looked at these power banks, but when I back country bicycle tour in remote areas for several days at a time, where electricity is difficult to find, I found out I often use around 20,000 mAh over 2-3 days. charging my phone, bike computer, lights, Zoleo, and other electrical devices I carry.   I would have to carry 4 of these light/power banks to meet my needs. 

This being stated, I am always looking out for higher powered power banks that work well for bicycling.

jonathanf2

I looked at these power banks, but when I back country bicycle tour in remote areas for several days at a time, where electricity is difficult to find, I found out I often use around 20,000 mAh over 2-3 days. charging my phone, bike computer, lights, Zoleo, and other electrical devices I carry.   I would have to carry 4 of these light/power banks to meet my needs. 

This being stated, I am always looking out for higher powered power banks that work well for bicycling.

I figure it'd be fine for 2-6 hour rides with a convenient placement so I can keep my phone charging while listening to music and/or taking videos, photos, etc.

I'd definitely carry a bigger capacity power bank if I was doing multi-day trips.

kbernstein

How are the Zrace centerlock discs? I have no idea what to look for in a disc but 4.50€/pc is tempting

nicklej

How are the Zrace centerlock discs? I have no idea what to look for in a disc but 4.50€/pc is tempting
I've not used those one specifically but I did try some other bargain rotors to see whether they were good value. They do work fine but they're the only rotors I had where they lack bite. Almost like the rotor finish is too smooth or something.

jonathanf2

I picked up this AliExpress AssSaver Win Wing fender knock-off for $2.99 USD from the Choice deals. I have the real Ass Saver fenders for both my gravel and road bike, but for $2.99 I was curious how this one compares. This design works better than the saddle mounted fender and it's a quick way to add some wet weather protection.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805962538917.html

Pedaldancer

I picked up this AliExpress AssSaver Win Wing fender knock-off for $2.99 USD from the Choice deals. I have the real Ass Saver fenders for both my gravel and road bike, but for $2.99 I was curious how this one compares. This design works better than the saddle mounted fender and it's a quick way to add some wet weather protection.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805962538917.html

Why use such a thing? If it's like this size a e.g. SkS speedrocker is much less sticking out of the bike and gives much better protection  ;)

jonathanf2

Why use such a thing? If it's like this size a e.g. SkS speedrocker is much less sticking out of the bike and gives much better protection  ;)

Fender angle is adjustable on the AssSaver fender and from the looks of the knock off, it should be similar. Also I live in year-round cycling weather, I don't need to commit to full fenders. I just need something quick I can put on when it's a bit wet outside.

Pedaldancer

Fender angle is adjustable on the AssSaver fender and from the looks of the knock off, it should be similar. Also I live in year-round cycling weather, I don't need to commit to full fenders. I just need something quick I can put on when it's a bit wet outside.

Did you have a look on sks speedrocker? They have rubber bands for quick attachement. That's not a full fender setup as you see on City bikes. It takes a minute to mount it on the rear. 
But anyway, do what you want... can just tell you this half blade is not working very fine compared to a circular shaped solution.
Guess why I know that?

jonathanf2

Did you have a look on sks speedrocker? They have rubber bands for quick attachement. That's not a full fender setup as you see on City bikes. It takes a minute to mount it on the rear. 
But anyway, do what you want... can just tell you this half blade is not working very fine compared to a circular shaped solution.
Guess why I know that?

I don't ride in full rain. The road version works fine on mild wet roads and gravel version works fine on the single track that's slightly muddy. Seriously, I have no problem with the real Ass Saver fender and so do a bunch of other cyclists who use the same thing in sunny year-round Southern California. The knock-off is $3 USD. What's difficult to understand not everyone wants full fenders laying around?

This is the AliEx deals thread, go find the AliEx SKS knock offs for under $10 USD and maybe I'll be interested!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:18:16 AM by jonathanf2 »

kbernstein

New IGS630s, adding strava live segments, doubling storage, adding dual band GPS, increased battery life from 35 to 45 hours

toxin

Thats great and all, but what it actually needs is automatic rerouting