Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!

<< < (337/346) > >>

Tijoe:
I no longer have any cables on any of the bikes I ride other than my dropper post cable.  Hydraulic brakes and Electric wireless shifting eliminated the need for those cute little plugs...

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: Tijoe on May 24, 2024, 02:56:18 PM ---I no longer have any cables on any of the bikes I ride other than my dropper post cable.  Hydraulic brakes and Electric wireless shifting eliminated the need for those cute little plugs...

--- End quote ---

How are you liking the Wheeltop for gravel? Are you okay not having a clutch? I'm not sure I want to chance going electronic on my gravel bike. If the groupset dies, I'm usually on more remote mountain trails. I am debating converting my other road bike also to electronic. Contrary to other user experiences, my ER9 has been working perfect. Though I wouldn't mind trying the Wheeltop groupset as well.

Tijoe:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 24, 2024, 03:52:57 PM ---How are you liking the Wheeltop for gravel? Are you okay not having a clutch? I'm not sure I want to chance going electronic on my gravel bike. If the groupset dies, I'm usually on more remote mountain trails. I am debating converting my other road bike also to electronic. Contrary to other user experiences, my ER9 has been working perfect. Though I wouldn't mind trying the Wheeltop groupset as well.

--- End quote ---

Since my gravel bike is a 2 X 12, the old rear derailleur didn't have a clutch.  The new EDS TX rear derailleur works the same as I am used to on a 2X set-up.   To date, one of my 1 X 12 EDS OX rear derailleurs, the battery lasted over 5 days of very heavy shifting usage. (Approx 600 miles.)

On my 2 X 12 EDS TX on my gravel bike, the longest ride to date has been 80 miles, and the battery dropped by about 10%.  I suspect I can get 800+ miles, with lots of shifting and still have battery power left.  One thing that bugs me a little on the TX rear derailleur is that the magnetic recharge contact and rubber sealing boot are on the back side of the battery.  I have a difficult time trying to blindly get the charging cable to sit flush and charge the battery.  I end up flipping the bike up in the air so I can look through the rear wheel spokes and get the charging cable aligned so it will charge the battery.
(3 charges to date:  Initial charge,  One when the battery was down by 20% after initial set-up/shift trimming, and then one time when the battery was at 60% and I was going to ride 90+ miles, but this ride was cut short to 45 miles due to snow on the road.)

Hokum:
Has anyone perchaince ever seen a clone of the Avid Rollamajig?

Tijoe:

--- Quote from: Hokum on May 28, 2024, 11:06:36 AM ---Has anyone perchaince ever seen a clone of the Avid Rollamajig?

--- End quote ---

This might work.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805258822773.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version