Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 142120 times)

Queen of Skulls

I've seen a few frighteningly cheap 3d printed saddles. They don't look great, and they're listed by stores that have been opened in the last few months. Not confidence inspiring.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805676326754.html

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805589725092.html

That second one is straight up injection molded totally not 3d printed. Same as the other 14 buck saddle.

I would get the one trace velo uses. That one is proven at least.  Then again I am using a super cheap saddle. I dont know if I like it or not.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

sbellote

It looks like there's a new budget option for carbon 3D saddles from Ryet/Lexon. I have the previous version on 2 of my bikes, but I'm curious if this new one is better? I've been quite happy with the previous version mainly due to the robust construction.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805657168196.html
I have the Aircode model from Ryet, the construction is really nice, been about 100h of use and it's all good as day 1.
I'd say this new one should be about the same, from below the carbon and the rail bonding is very similar, it seems just a different shape. The Aircode is shaped like the PRO Stealth and it was perfect for me.
IMO if you have issues with your current ones, or just that you'd like to try a different shape, then go for it.
I'd bet on Ryet's quality, but shape is 100% personal, it can be the best saddle in the world but don't fit you and will feel like shit after some hours.

I've seen a few frighteningly cheap 3d printed saddles. They don't look great, and they're listed by stores that have been opened in the last few months. Not confidence inspiring.
That second one is straight up injection molded totally not 3d printed. Same as the other 14 buck saddle.

I would get the one trace velo uses. That one is proven at least.  Then again I am using a super cheap saddle. I dont know if I like it or not.
Yeah, having proven options going around, I'd not bet on these unknown brands and/or stores.

The Trace Velo one is the ZEUSZ or something like that, RaceWork brand is using them too for their saddles
It's available in 2 versions, I believe Luke's is the first one, and they released a more expensive one with improved rails bonding, very similar to the Ryet Aircode one

Ryet's is cheaper if I'm not wrong, and you can find a number of users here who have it (including myself), so I'd say it has good feedback.

jonathanf2

The Lexon store has the Sroad cassettes on discount:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805710967684.html

They've also added 3 additional 3D printed carbon saddles for a total of 4.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 11:04:01 AM by jonathanf2 »

jonathanf2

143mm wide, correct me if I'm wrong but the past ali models have all been 150 in the past too

They added additional saddles to their discount section. I might actually prefer the slightly narrower, but longer 3D printed saddles they now offer.

coffeebreak

Do 3D printed saddles offer more comfort over a regular carbon saddle? That cheapo carbon saddle (120 grams ~) I am using on 2 bikes is pretty fantastic comfort wise. So I am curious why are this a rage and way more expensive too.

jonathanf2

Do 3D printed saddles offer more comfort over a regular carbon saddle? That cheapo carbon saddle (120 grams ~) I am using on 2 bikes is pretty fantastic comfort wise. So I am curious why are this a rage and way more expensive too.

I have two 3D printed saddles and the most noticeable difference for me is the minimal friction when I shift seated positions and the cushion doesn't deform even after long rides. Also these Ryet saddles are very well built. The rails on mine are thicker than the sub-$20 USD carbon saddles and the shell is stiffer. I don't get any rail slippage with the thicker oval rails. You give up some weight, but you definitely get a higher quality saddle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 11:37:55 AM by jonathanf2 »

electrolux

I have two 3D printed saddles and the most noticeable difference for me is the minimal friction when I shift seated positions and the cushion doesn't deform even after long rides. Also these Ryet saddles are very well built. The rails on mine are thicker than the sub-$20 USD carbon saddles and the shell is stiffer. I don't get any rail slippage with the thicker oval rails. You give up some weight, but you definitely get a higher quality saddle.
I have been struggling with this a bit, I like being able to move around but it has made it difficult to find a 'default' position.

00Garza

One youtube review I saw mentioned MORE friction with the 3d printed saddle and it left their bibs a little shredded. Perhaps that specific model with the glossy coating is what caused it.

https://youtu.be/G_6gTMdGG9U?t=270

Edit: That was an early version fizik knock off. He had better things to say about the Ryet saddle.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 03:00:46 PM by 00Garza »

electrolux

Any recommendations on clear glasses? Tried some NRC ones and the clear lenses were far too blurry. Even worse than some cheap $5 DeWalt work goggles.

Walter-sobchak

One youtube review I saw mentioned MORE friction with the 3d printed saddle and it left their bibs a little shredded. Perhaps that specific model with the glossy coating is what caused it.

https://youtu.be/G_6gTMdGG9U?t=270

Edit: That was an early version fizik knock off. He had better things to say about the Ryet saddle.

My experience is much closer to what  jonathanf2 experiences.   Much less friction, which I like a lot for cornering, but maybe slightly harder to find a singular default position. I liked my ryet enough to immediately buy a second for my other bike.

00Garza

Any recommendations on clear glasses? Tried some NRC ones and the clear lenses were far too blurry. Even worse than some cheap $5 DeWalt work goggles.

I just randomly tried various offerings from amazon or ebay until I found something that fit me well (I have a small head).
I prefer full frame glasses. Scratched my face up on a crash with half frame glasses.
Currently riding some photochromic Rockbros.
Got some Tifosi's for long sunny days.

electrolux

I just randomly tried various offerings from amazon or ebay until I found something that fit me well (I have a small head).
I prefer full frame glasses. Scratched my face up on a crash with half frame glasses.
I have a small head as well, which model did you go for?

Also is it clear enough to not be noticed when wearing?

jonathanf2

I bought these photochromatic glasses on a whim. I thought they would be junk, but they're surprisingly clear and the photochromatic feature works decently for sub $5 USD. I now use them exclusively when I know I'll be riding into the night. Though I still use tradition tinted glasses for daytime.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805019047818.html

jonathanf2

3D printed saddles are definitely dropping in price. The Sensah factory store has some lower priced options. I've had good luck with fast shipping from them as well.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805621753442.html

sbellote

I have been using the Ryet Aircode for some months, honestly it's maybe the first saddle I don't have any issues, neither at first nor after some time of use
mainly what I like is that it keeps its' form after hours of use, and I find it pretty comfortable. I'm able to move around but I don't think I do it much.. but that's about shape and it's personal
that friction issue I don't suffer, too, it's all good with all my bibs

I have 2 Kapvoe pairs, my favorite is this one. It's a colored photocromic and it works really well, impressed me actually
Kapvoe used to have only copies but now they have a bunch of 'original' models (well, they're all very similar to known models from Oakley, 100% and Scicon, but slightly different)
the quality is really good for the price, it's been years of use and it's holding up very well
it seems it's the same production of those SCVCN that Jonathanf2 linked

3D printed saddles are definitely dropping in price. The Sensah factory store has some lower priced options. I've had good luck with fast shipping from them as well.
yeah, and lot's of different models appearing too, Ryet has a bunch of new launches on their page.. I believe since the sales volume should raise, price will drop

oh, and you mentioned weight, these better models are getting to 160g, there's a new from Ryet which is 144g (claimed), that's pretty light for any saddle, especially for one 3D printed
like, most light cheap saddles are about 100g, a bit lower if pure carbon no padding - and I'd gladly trade those >60g for more comfort