Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 147917 times)

carbonazza

...In the meanwhile if you don't have these tiny things already, may be give them a try? I find them immensely helpful.

You'll have to share the links now 8)

coffeebreak

You'll have to share the links now 8)

How could I miss that!
Heat shrink cable ends -
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msS5xnU

All other parts -
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLZdaBY

The hoses are extra long. I had to cut some section from those brake hoses.

jonathanf2

There's the Risk compressionless brake housing kit. It comes with the cable rubber seals and a bunch of other stuff. It's cheaper compared to what Jagwire charges.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800174771029.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:19:59 AM by jonathanf2 »

coffeebreak

When they "set" they mean a shift housing + brake housing? The description is confusing me.

jonathanf2

When they "set" they mean a shift housing + brake housing? The description is confusing me.

I have the kit. The oiled line fits both brake and shift cables. Though I haven't installed it yet. I've been too lazy to take apart my bikes.

coffeebreak

Thanks. The internal cable routing is a nightmare on my bike. I dread at the thought of changing cables just for sake of it :| but I will order a kit and keep it handy.

jonathanf2

Thanks. The internal cable routing is a nightmare on my bike. I dread at the thought of changing cables just for sake of it :| but I will order a kit and keep it handy.

With LTwoo and eventually Sensah going hydraulic, it might make more sense just to go full hydro with new shift levers, calipers and hoses. It'll be the same amount of hassle! Lol

coffeebreak

With LTwoo and eventually Sensah going hydraulic, it might make more sense just to go full hydro with new shift levers, calipers and hoses. It'll be the same amount of hassle! Lol

I keep back and forth on hydro setup. There are two very lucrative hydraulic 105 groupsets up for sale locally that I am tempted to pull trigger on (Cheaper than LTwoo actually) but again, the current setup on my bike is pretty good with Onirri mech pull semi-hydro brakes. Decisions decisions!

jonathanf2

I keep back and forth on hydro setup. There are two very lucrative hydraulic 105 groupsets up for sale locally that I am tempted to pull trigger on (Cheaper than LTwoo actually) but again, the current setup on my bike is pretty good with Onirri mech pull semi-hydro brakes. Decisions decisions!

If you have the option going 105 hydraulic, I'd definitely go that direction. Sensah and LTwoo just don't shift as nicely in my experience. At least with Shimano you know the equipment will work properly from the get go.

I'm running both Onirii and Juin Tech dual piston calipers and I'm pretty happy using them for road use. I'd almost lean at getting Juin Tech GT-P 4 piston calipers if I wanted more braking force. Though I feel on my gravel bike where I do lots of climbing and sketchy descents, hydraulic brakes are really more advantageous. My only issue is that installing internally routed hydraulic hoses are tedious and somewhat messy. Also unless running Di2 or something similar, hydraulic/mechanical cable shifters add more weight.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:36:46 PM by jonathanf2 »

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799961911899.html

Risk has higher level brake/shift cables. This particular AliEx store sells a bunch of Risk branded items with free shipping. You can just combine all the small items as a single bulk order. Shipping will probably be slow, so I wouldn't order anything you'll need immediately.

Vipassana

And sellers of 3mm housing? 

Seems impossible to find anywhere and even Jagwire is out of it (LEX-SL 3mm for seatposts and suspension).

Tijoe

I couldn't stand not having any parts on order from Ali express.    Ordered a few parts for a future build.

jonathanf2

Same here, just added some items in the order queue!

coffeebreak

My copy of the saddle that you all got is here! I have to agree with general sentiment how good it feels for the price. I did order one with Ritchey wcs logo in fear that no-logo version might come with some funny Chinese name on it. The logo print itself is not too bad and whole thing clocks in at 135 grams.

jonathanf2

My Racework carbon crankset arrived. Props to the AliEx Racework Store. I ordered January 1st and it arrived January 7th, so it arrived exactly in 1 week. I'll install it tonight, but so far everything looks pretty good. I ordered it with a BB since it was only $6 USD more, but I plan to just keep it as a backup and use my current Ultegra BB. If it works well, I might consider ordering another one due to the prompt shipping and what appears to be decent quality.