Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 147125 times)

mirphak

Zniino have updated their gravel bar with longer horns. On the original Surly Corner bar people installed $30 extensions to make them longer, now it's coming directly from factory.

Nice to see. But ... in the end I personally removed the extensions on mine, and even cut a few cm out of the drops to make them shorter.

BalticSea

Does anyone know what is the chain compatibility of chinese XDR cassetes? Flat top Sram chains or regular Shimano spec chains?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKoZuCA

According to the store, the cassette works better with Sram, whixh suggests that it is just a Sram knock off without a second thought. Which is sad, because might as well buy the actual Sram cassette for 100€

Any aero socks recommandations? Big brands sell those for like 60$ which seems quite absurd to me...

hagerd

Any aero socks recommandations? Big brands sell those for like 60$ which seems quite absurd to me...

I bought these and am happy with them

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014541365.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.slider_2003703039682.0

hagerd

mid calf....ish

sbellote

I have these ones and they're amazing, if you get in quantity, shipping fee remains the same
On this link there's less color option but free shipping on 3+ pcs
2yrs using them, still holding well, and are comfortable to use. It's mid calf, same as the standard for these kind of socks

the other models I've tried, either aero or cotton fabric, always became loose after some months of use. Even the ones from YKYWB and Darevie. I have 1 from Spexcel which is holding well, got as a gift in a 2 jersey order (I always ask a gift and most often the stores send something)
but honestly is not worth how much more expensive it is than these generic ones I recommended above.

nickobec

Any aero socks recommandations?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014541365.html
have two sets with their matching aero gloves

height wise, at least halfway up my calf ie 15+ cm

Also have other brands which are identical, but these are best value for money

jonathanf2

I scored this USB powered mini air pump for around $18 USD (last one in stock). Unfortunately they raised the price on it again with new stock. Though it works really well. The only downsize is that there is no PSI indicator so you still need to check tire pressure so you don't over/under inflate.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805812843436.html

sbellote

I'm currently looking at these gloves here, any of you own or have comments on it?
currently my gloves are these from ykywbike, it's 2yrs old and very good overall, but for some months now it's been a bit uncomfortable in long rides, the padding doesn't seem to hold well anymore, so looking for new ones and would appreciate suggestions. :)

also, I could find some nice offers in the 'coin shop', right on home screen, click the 'Coins' logo and it shows some special offers with extra coi discount
there's this bib from Ykywbike which is already cheap but with +15% discount with coins. It's my favorite overall, the pad is really nice and it's holding well with over 2yrs of use, fabric still very good too
lots of other bibs with 10-20% extra with coins, so could be worth if you're in need

like these aero socks i've recommended above, it has 25% extra with coins so the final price is really low

I scored this USB powered mini air pump for around $18 USD (last one in stock). Unfortunately they raised the price on it again with new stock. Though it works really well. The only downsize is that there is no PSI indicator so you still need to check tire pressure so you don't over/under inflate.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805812843436.html
some of these special prices are geoblocked, I can open the link and it shows 20usd but when I login it changes to 40

still, I was able to get it for around 27usd about 1 week ago, still in transit
it comes and goes for this price but mostly it's around 40 (for me, at least)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:28:19 PM by sbellote »

jonathanf2

I'm currently looking at these gloves here, any of you own or have comments on it?
currently my gloves are these from ykywbike, it's 2yrs old and very good overall, but for some months now it's been a bit uncomfortable in long rides, the padding doesn't seem to hold well anymore, so looking for new ones and would appreciate suggestions. :)

also, I could find some nice offers in the 'coin shop', right on home screen, click the 'Coins' logo and it shows some special offers with extra coi discount
there's this bib from Ykywbike which is already cheap but with +15% discount with coins. It's my favorite overall, the pad is really nice and it's holding well with over 2yrs of use, fabric still very good too
lots of other bibs with 10-20% extra with coins, so could be worth if you're in need

like these aero socks i've recommended above, it has 25% extra with coins so the final price is really low
some of these special prices are geoblocked, I can open the link and it shows 20usd but when I login it changes to 40

still, I was able to get it for around 27usd about 1 week ago, still in transit
it comes and goes for this price but mostly it's around 40 (for me, at least)

It's about $37 USD here in the US. I notice with this particular store, whenever the item is last in stock, they'll slash the price in half. So I must have been the lucky last customer! Lol

I've used it twice already and it works great. I thought it was a gimmick at first, but it charges quickly via USB-C and it's compact. It comes with a long velcro strap if you want to mount it on your bike. You can also fit it in your jersey/bib pocket. For air travel with a bike in the US, CO2 cartridges aren't allowed, so this device is definitely useful for flying.

JonMS

I have a 11-34 12 speed on the way in blue. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805628739141.html?

I already have a 11-32 12 speed SROAD with 600 miles on it and no problems.

Cassete arrived and installed. The blue is INTENSE and not as dull or muted as the pictures. Getting a rasp in 8th gear that throws off shifting for everything else if I tune it out via microadjust. Replacing my rear derailleur hanger and I will retune to see if that eliminates the noise.

Maden

What drivetrain are you currently running? Curious to see if the pattern continues of Shimano Shadow derailleurs suffering with non-Hyperglide cassettes.

JonMS

What drivetrain are you currently running? Curious to see if the pattern continues of Shimano Shadow derailleurs suffering with non-Hyperglide cassettes.

SRAM ETAP AXS with an XX1 chain. I have an identical bike to test against and I'll do that if the noise isnt gone with a fresh hanger. Another note is that these cassettes only have one set of keyed "teeth" at the base of the cassette that engage the freehub. The top portion (11T) does not engage leaving the cassette to sort of "wobble" after tightening it down if you dont center it by hand. IMO the SROAD/SPEDAO Cassettes are way better in that regard.

Maden

Another note is that these cassettes only have one set of keyed "teeth" at the base of the cassette that engage the freehub. The top portion (11T) does not engage leaving the cassette to sort of "wobble" after tightening it down if you dont center it by hand.

Interesting, are you saying the 11t cog does not have splines to line up with the freehub? Seems like a big design flaw.. perhaps swapping it out for a different cassette's 11t might fix it.

I also noticed the very thin spline engagement area at the base of the cassette spider. Seems like it is cut out to the bare minimum for weight savings. The durability of that over time worries me, seems important to have a very high torque on the cassette lockring or even use one of Hambini's extended lockrings. Keep us updated.