Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 146191 times)

JonMS

Interesting, are you saying the 11t cog does not have splines to line up with the freehub? Seems like a big design flaw.. perhaps swapping it out for a different cassette's 11t might fix it.

I also noticed the very thin spline engagement area at the base of the cassette spider. Seems like it is cut out to the bare minimum for weight savings. The durability of that over time worries me, seems important to have a very high torque on the cassette lockring or even use one of Hambini's extended lockrings. Keep us updated.

Cassette is all one piece, 11T is non removable.. unline SROAD/SPEDAO. I belive their are keyed markings there but they do not interface the hub at all allowing movement.

coffeebreak

Sorry but since it is one piece, rest of the cassette should not allow any movement in the 11t cog. The way I am imagining this is, the one piece cassette will have even stronger hold on 11t cog unlike traditional cassettes which have 11t cog loose. So it not having interaction with hub will not make a difference because its being held by remaining cogs :o or may be I am reading this all wrong

JonMS

Sorry but since it is one piece, rest of the cassette should not allow any movement in the 11t cog. The way I am imagining this is, the one piece cassette will have even stronger hold on 11t cog unlike traditional cassettes which have 11t cog loose. So it not having interaction with hub will not make a difference because its being held by remaining cogs :o or may be I am reading this all wrong

Poor tolerance on the keyed portion and no interface by the 11T cog. I will take pictures tomorrow when I have the wheel off. I will also try on a couple different HG hub bodies to see if its unique to my DT Swiss 350.

carbonazza

SRAM ETAP AXS with an XX1 chain...

I may have asked already but didn't see the reply.
What makes an XX1 chain a better fit than the flat one?

Maden

What makes an XX1 chain a better fit than the flat one?

The flat top chain only works with SRAM 12-speed road cassettes IIRC.

BalticSea

Elitewheels Edge wheelsets are on promo again

jonathanf2

Poor tolerance on the keyed portion and no interface by the 11T cog. I will take pictures tomorrow when I have the wheel off. I will also try on a couple different HG hub bodies to see if its unique to my DT Swiss 350.

Would you say the Spedao/SRoad cassette is still the better version for a lightweight all-steel cassette? I was hoping the Ztto cassette would be an improvement.

JonMS

Cassete arrived and installed. The blue is INTENSE and not as dull or muted as the pictures. Getting a rasp in 8th gear that throws off shifting for everything else if I tune it out via microadjust. Replacing my rear derailleur hanger and I will retune to see if that eliminates the noise.

Rasp is gone with replacement hanger and b-gap adjustment. Set to 5mm for 11-34 and SRAM Force D2 36t Max RD. My only remaining concern with this cassette is the keyed portion tolerance being too loose for freehub mounting.

The keys located on the 11t portion of the cassette are not large enough for a tight fit against the freehub allowing play when installing. Its visible when the wheel and cassette are spinning.

Would you say the Spedao/SRoad cassette is still the better version for a lightweight all-steel cassette? I was hoping the Ztto cassette would be an improvement.

As far as fit, yeah I prefer SROAD/SPEDAO. I cant speak to longevity as I only have 35 miles on the ZTTO so far vs 800 on the SROAD.

coffeebreak

Thanks for the picture. Makes it clear now! Must say, this is an interesting design, there are no grooves in the entire middle section. It's held in place by keys only at 34t and 11t cogs. Damn. Do you have a cassette spacer in place by any chance?

jonathanf2

Rasp is gone with replacement hanger and b-gap adjustment. Set to 5mm for 11-34 and SRAM Force D2 36t Max RD. My only remaining concern with this cassette is the keyed portion tolerance being too loose for freehub mounting.

The keys located on the 11t portion of the cassette are not large enough for a tight fit against the freehub allowing play when installing. Its visible when the wheel and cassette are spinning.

As far as fit, yeah I prefer SROAD/SPEDAO. I cant speak to longevity as I only have 35 miles on the ZTTO so far vs 800 on the SROAD.

WTH? So basically only the rear and front of the cassette will be handling torque load? I'm a predominantly out of saddle climber and sprinter, I'd be scared of ripping the cassette off the freehub! I hope the SRoad/Spedao cassette eventually adopts the wider back plate rivet mounts like the Ztto. I believe that was the only weakness of the cassette, that could lead to cracking on some of their cassettes after prolonged use.

coffeebreak

One more "Avoid" category product. This design looks like someone at weight weenie took it upon themselves to save a few grams by grinding material needed for those grooves. Even the ones at bottom cog have been drilled. Insane.

Sebastian

The SROAD cassettes are very similar in that regard. The monobloc part of the cassette also only has splines on the outer and inner part of the cassette. The 11t cog then comes on top as a single piece. To be fair, on a “traditional” Shimano cassette, the interface area between cog and freehub is actually smaller than this. Unless you’re riding on the biggest cogs in the back, all the load is being transferred by a single cog on the freehub since they’re all stacked on top of each other with spacers inbetween. Hence, you get the dreaded cassette bite with aluminium freehubs. IMO the SROAD design (which is actually very similar to Campagnolo Ekar cassettes) is superior. My 12sp SROAD cassette has now done around 3000km. No issues. No wear marks on the freehub. I’m just hoping that the aluminium spider holds.

jonathanf2

The flimsy plastic gopro section of this og-evkin computer mount crumbled under an entire 1Nm. Plus the wahoo insert interfaced much worse than the garmin one.... For my wahoo.

Switched out the gopro section for my k edge metal one, which costs more than the entire mount itself.

More og-evkin garbage.

I have 3 of their mounts and I use a garmin mount light on the bottom section with no issues. I also use one mount on my gravel bike which regularly sees bumpy single track and dirt fire roads. It seems people either have issues or they don't with this OG-Evkin mount.

Maden

One more "Avoid" category product. This design looks like someone at weight weenie took it upon themselves to save a few grams by grinding material needed for those grooves. Even the ones at bottom cog have been drilled. Insane.

To be fair, SRAM Red 11-speed cassettes are exactly the same design. If you think about it there is no need for a full row of grooves when you have a one piece spider, you are only riding one cog at a time. Plus, with sufficient lockring torque, most pedaling load is transmitted directly to the base of the freehub rather than on the splines. I have one-piece cassettes and they're easier to install/remove, and seem to reduce freehub bite compared to the loose cogs of Shimano.

JonMS

To be fair, SRAM Red 11-speed cassettes are exactly the same design. If you think about it there is no need for a full row of grooves when you have a one piece spider, you are only riding one cog at a time. Plus, with sufficient lockring torque, most pedaling load is transmitted directly to the base of the freehub rather than on the splines. I have one-piece cassettes and they're easier to install/remove, and seem to reduce freehub bite compared to the loose cogs of Shimano.

Exactly, I have no problems with this style of mounting interface, just the execution of ZTTO. The tolerances in which they cut the grooves is too loose and allows movement of the cassette leading to it wobbling once tightened down and spinning.