Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 146646 times)

bremerradkurier

That is crazy expensive really.

You can get the grx 2x 10 complete group with cranks bb brakes chain cassette the whole thing for not much more.

Last time I looked it was around 350 plus shipping.

They need a groupset called pointy stick.

chineesje

Hi all, maybe a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway  :).

I have been eyeballing a frameset and a pair of wheels (elite edge disc) on aliexpress. I'm wondering if it would be smart to wait untill the 11.11 sale to buy these, the wheels would come in at around 580 euro's at the moment (with extra 'party time' discount) but i've seen people on this forum getting them for 500-550.

Has the 11.11 sale been worth it the last years? Thanks!

TidyDinosaur

I have been eyeballing a frameset and a pair of wheels (elite edge disc) on aliexpress. I'm wondering if it would be smart to wait untill the 11.11 sale to buy these, the wheels would come in at around 580 euro's at the moment (with extra 'party time' discount) but i've seen people on this forum getting them for 500-550.

Yes, it will probably be worth it.

kbernstein

People last year were often underwhelmed with the 11.11 sale, but one thing's certain: just before 11.11 is not the best time to buy, if you're patient. They inflate price before the sale. The base price might not be the best YTD price, but the coupons will most definitely make it worth it. I would wait for sure

chineesje

Thanks guys!

TidyDinosaur

You also have to be on the lookout for the extra coupons Aliexpress gives you. It is possible you have to search the site/app a bit to find them. In one of the last sales there were extra coupons for 40 USD when you ordered for more than 300 USD (or something like that). You could use them on top of the other coupons/sales and only use them once.
There were also smaller coupons for lower order-totals.

sbellote

People last year were often underwhelmed with the 11.11 sale, but one thing's certain: just before 11.11 is not the best time to buy, if you're patient. They inflate price before the sale. The base price might not be the best YTD price, but the coupons will most definitely make it worth it. I would wait for sure
this right here. It's possible it'll not be the best sale of the year, but for sure it will be better than current prices
also it'll be the last big sale of the year, next one should be February on Chinese New Year.

as other said, the big thing is using coupons, which on these sales usually have big discount. You just need to be on the lookout on the home screen, or sellers also send images with the big coupons - there's different coupons for each country/regions

so prices can be not the lowest of the year, but with coupons it's pretty possible you get the best final price
just be aware that the coupons are limited, and sometimes the best are on the beginning of the sale, and other times they release new (and better) coupons right before the sale ends. Hard to tell which

just to comment, until 2021 the sale discounts were much higher, coupons too.. but it started to drop during these last years and it's getting worse each year...

AzureEssence

this right here. It's possible it'll not be the best sale of the year, but for sure it will be better than current prices
also it'll be the last big sale of the year, next one should be February on Chinese New Year.

as other said, the big thing is using coupons, which on these sales usually have big discount. You just need to be on the lookout on the home screen, or sellers also send images with the big coupons - there's different coupons for each country/regions

so prices can be not the lowest of the year, but with coupons it's pretty possible you get the best final price
just be aware that the coupons are limited, and sometimes the best are on the beginning of the sale, and other times they release new (and better) coupons right before the sale ends. Hard to tell which

just to comment, until 2021 the sale discounts were much higher, coupons too.. but it started to drop during these last years and it's getting worse each year...

So they don't do Black Friday sales? Just 11-11 and Chinese new year?

jonathanf2

So they don't do Black Friday sales? Just 11-11 and Chinese new year?

I would think the whole month of November should have good sales. This is usually the time of the month to make major AliEx purchases like frames, wheelsets, etc.

Here's an AliEx sales calendar:
https://www.alipromo.codes/blog/aliexpress-sale-calendar-dates-2022/

Tijoe

I've always found the 11-11 sales vary a lot regarding bike parts.  Sometimes various stores extend their sales into December, or after 11-11 they keep the lower prices, but then charge for shipping.  Other times, they raise the prices back up and then drop the prices a few weeks later.  I suppose it depends on how much they were able to sell during the first half of November.   (I have a list of items I want to purchase and keep track of the prices and then compare to the sales whenever they happen.)

I don't think that China has the same end-of-year sales "pressure" to sell off items like US companies and other international businesses that try to increase their year end profits and get rid of excess inventory.   

I believe that their sales somewhat track the consumption habits of more capitalistic countries so they can overall make more sales and bring back as much money as they can to their country.

Wet Noodle

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before; also it's neither specifically bike-related nor regarding any one particular product, but for a week now or so I've been seeing "3+ items from US $1,99" on the ali startpage, which should actually be "from US $1,79" cause that's where it starts now (EU-pricing here). Not sure, if this geo-specific or anything.

Between a lot of bargain-bin rubble, you'll find some nice stuff for very little money with free shipping. Now, most of it goes for cheap all year round, but not necessarily under-2-bucks-shipped cheap (granted you pick at least 3 different items).  For example, they have some of those cheaper SCVCN glasses mentioned in this thread a few pages earlier (x62, 63, 64) in that price tier.

s3si1u

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before; also it's neither specifically bike-related nor regarding any one particular product, but for a week now or so I've been seeing "3+ items from US $1,99" on the ali startpage, which should actually be "from US $1,79" cause that's where it starts now (EU-pricing here). Not sure, if this geo-specific or anything.

Between a lot of bargain-bin rubble, you'll find some nice stuff for very little money with free shipping. Now, most of it goes for cheap all year round, but not necessarily under-2-bucks-shipped cheap (granted you pick at least 3 different items).  For example, they have some of those cheaper SCVCN glasses mentioned in this thread a few pages earlier (x62, 63, 64) in that price tier.

I've picked up quite a few non-bike things for dirt cheap during this 3 for $1.99 deal. I did get a couple of the SCVCN glasses, can't go wrong for $2 US  ;D

Tijoe

I've picked up quite a few non-bike things for dirt cheap during this 3 for $1.99 deal. I did get a couple of the SCVCN glasses, can't go wrong for $2 US  ;D

The limit is 10 items.  I ordered 10 items this morning.

kbernstein

PSA: Shopping in euros is cheaper than shopping in USD for this specific sale