Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 146400 times)

Tijoe

I purchased mine about a year ago for around $7 total with shipping.    The 11-11 sale is interesting in that prices are all over the place being listed as "on sale"
Here is a link for the same kit on sale that is perhaps $0.15 less price if you spend over $10.00 to get the free shipping.  Otherwise, this 11-11 sale item it is more expensive than the item you listed.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805714351709.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.cac838daBwsnP1&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

coffeebreak

how do you do that? Edit: found it in the app:
WHERE DO I CHECK FOR MY SELECT COUPONS? STEP 1: Go to My Account and select My Wallet. STEP 2: Click on My Select Coupons and you will be able to view all the Select Coupons you have. These coupons will be applied automatically when you place an order.

Also, when you see superdeals for 11.11, are the prices showing inclusive of coupoon or not?
For exemple these from 381 down to 331 for 11.11, should be elligible for 60 off 300, will it means 271 at the end, + taxes?

Right now the prices are without coupon. The coupon usage only startes 11/11 and goes for a week. So if it is 331 right now, then that is the price before coupons. It won't be 271. It will be 331-60-16, so 255 + taxes. The non-coupon code discounts are stackable on coupon code discounts.

Edit: the 4 off 20 is only applicable to selected items. Shop around and find sellers that are participating in that promotion. Otherwise you are right, your $331 item will be $271.

Further edit: You can already see which items will qualify for 4 off 20 promotion. Great time to search leisurely and have them added to cart. Then pull trigger starting 11/11.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 04:10:28 PM by coffeebreak »

Ludo

Yes, cart is filled with the few things I am still missing.

raisinberry777

Looks like Easton crank/spider interface and Shimano 110 BCD. To me at least.

Correct you are - finally managed to get a response out of their AliExpress store and they confirmed that it's an Easton/RaceFace interface.

Dark17

The Goldix store has a few new items. This is the cheapest I've seen on the new style ZTTO/Sunshine cassettes with the one piece shaft similar to the Spedao/SRoad cassette, but with more secure rivet attachments:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805977609635.html

Goldix also has a new 110 BCD 5 bolt carbon crankset that comes in at 392g with alloy axle. Paired with a lightweight 110 BCD 50-34t chainring (about 122g) that would come in about the same weight as the direct mount carbon cranksets if not less. I personally have no issues with 24mm alloy axles. I have them on all my bikes now:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805978587816.html

I wonder how is the quality of Sunshine/Goldix/ZTTO cassettes. I am interested on trying Sunshine 12 speed but i settled for Shimano for now because of reliability.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

TidyDinosaur

I wonder how is the quality of Sunshine/Goldix/ZTTO cassettes. I am interested on trying Sunshine 12 speed but i settled for Shimano for now because of reliability.

Yeah, if I look at the 11 speed 11-30 you save 50gr vs Ultegra but about the same price. I would not want to take that gamble for 50gr... Chances are you will get only 1/2 the life of an ultegra (if you are lucky)

kbernstein

Has anyone tried these specifically? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005969664543.html
edited
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:47:51 AM by kbernstein »

TidyDinosaur

Has anyone tried these specifically? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005969664543.htm

There is an L missing at the end of your link

Tijoe

Has anyone tried these specifically? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005969664543.html
edited
I purchased a very similar pair of TI skewers about 8 years ago. (They look exactly like the ones shown, but different branding.) The front one broke at the root of the threads after about 2 years of use.  I believed that since TI can be more brittle under tension, based on how they cut the threads, there must have been a defect in the base of the thread that cracked over time and broke off the threaded portion.  I heard a loud ping as the nut flew off onto the shoulder of the road. I had a very nerve wracked last 20 miles of a century ride where I rode carefully with the front wheel not fastened to the fork.     I liked them overall, just wished they lasted longer.  This was also the only quick release failure I have ever had on a road bike.

Edit: Thinking about it, if I was to purchase another set of TI skewers, I would ask how the threads are formed/cut on the TI rod.   Rolled?  Tapped? or CNC/lathe machine cut.  TI is so hard that it is often difficult to produce good clean threads.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 12:05:58 PM by Tijoe »

jonathanf2

I'm thinking of picking up AliExpress chains for immersive waxing. Are YBN chains good for that application? I think I'm just gong stock up on spare parts for this upcoming sale.

jcr

talking about chains.... ZMC chains on Aliexpress are they legit? Seems like there are some deals on it.
Shimano staying away because there are a lot of fakes.

How about ztto quality?

jonathanf2

talking about chains.... ZMC chains on Aliexpress are they legit? Seems like there are some deals on it.
Shimano staying away because there are a lot of fakes.

How about ztto quality?

Do you mean KMC chains? I bought an 11 speed chain that was I believe either a 10 or 9 speed chain. I don't think you can trust KMC chains to be real either anymore. I've heard decent feedback on YBN chains and I think they're still small enough that they're not being knocked off.

jcr

oops like KMC... yeah can't figure out what to trust anymore  :(

eddietheengineer

Is anyone seeing anything particularly good for 11.11 sales?

TidyDinosaur

Is anyone seeing anything particularly good for 11.11 sales?
Meh, prices don't seem to drop much. You will have to use coupons and the 4 off 20...