Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 145741 times)

coffeebreak

T47 is actually not the same format as any PF or PF-thread together type bottom brackets. It is pretty much oversized threaded BSA BB which has two cups that thread into the frame. They don't need to form a bond with thread-together metal sleeve. There is a sleeve in the middle but it is dumb and made of plastic, at least on WM T47 BB.

Having said that I have the good old BSA BB by ZTTO with ceramic bearing on a road bike and it is fine. The ceramic bearing part is of no consequence so just get the normal steel bearing model, it should be fine. In my opinion ZTTO generally makes okay products.

BalticSea

"You're making mother of all cranksets, Lexon, can't fret over every chainring!"

Carbon crankset with carbon + alloy construction chainrings. Super lightweight, but eye watering price tag comes along.

Anyone brave enough to try it?

P.S. Riro carbon crank that was shared a while ago is down to ~130 euros with chainring included. It's less than what I've paid for alloy Fovno Aurora Pro crank with Racework chainring.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:29:38 PM by BalticSea »

jonathanf2

"You're making mother of all omelettes, Lexon, can't fret over every chainring!"

Carbon crankset with carbon + alloy construction chainrings. Super lightweight, but eye watering price tag comes along.

Anyone brave enough to try it?

P.S. Riro carbon crank that was shared a while ago is down to ~130 euros with chainring included. It's less than what I've paid for alloy Fovno Aurora Pro crank with Racework chainring.

I have the Riro/Racework (updated version) carbon crankset on two bikes and they work great. Though I had an installation problem on my non-Shimano BB bike. No matter what I'd do, every time I tightened the crankset, it would lock up. On my Shimano BSA and PF BB equipped bikes I can tighten the crankset no problem. I'm guessing it's an issue with the bearings being bigger with non-Shimano BBs? I tested it on both a non-Shimano threaded BSA and threaded BB86 BB and had the same issue.

coffeebreak

Speaking of cranksets, are there any on Aliex with 30mm spindle for BB386 type bottom brackets? I can only find the fake Ingrid copies and I don't like how it looks.

jonathanf2

I bit the bullet and ordered the new style Ztto/Goldix lightweight 11/12 speed cassette with the sturdier torx screwed spider bracket. I bought it with a few other items during the current sale. The Spedao/SRoad cassette had the riveted version with the thinner bracket that was prone to cracking after extended use. I picked up the 11-34t version which comes in at significantly less weight than the 105/Ultegra version of the same range while still retaining all-steel cogs. I'm guessing shifting won't be as good as a Shimano cassette, but I'll see how it does on a fully waxed chain setup.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806211333567.html

BalticSea

I have the Riro/Racework (updated version) carbon crankset on two bikes and they work great. Though I had an installation problem on my non-Shimano BB bike. No matter what I'd do, every time I tightened the crankset, it would lock up. On my Shimano BSA and PF BB equipped bikes I can tighten the crankset no problem. I'm guessing it's an issue with the bearings being bigger with non-Shimano BBs? I tested it on both a non-Shimano threaded BSA and threaded BB86 BB and had the same issue.

How is the aluminium spindle holding up?
Truth be told I have a BSA BB frame that needs a new crank, been looking at GXP Red and older Dura-ace cranks but they're still quite a bit more expensive than Riro... And Shimano is probably more likely to fail, considering the bike will see rain, lol

jonathanf2

How is the aluminium spindle holding up?
Truth be told I have a BSA BB frame that needs a new crank, been looking at GXP Red and older Dura-ace cranks but they're still quite a bit more expensive than Riro... And Shimano is probably more likely to fail, considering the bike will see rain, lol

I have carbon/alloy spindle cranksets on two road bikes and one gravel bike. So far they've been holding up with no issues. Most my riding consist of both road and gravel climbing. I do weigh under 70kg. I also use rubber crank arm protectors to minimize any damage and I seal any scratches with clear nail polish enamel to avoid any delamination.

toxin

29mm or 24mm spindles?

Eskae

Speaking of cranksets, are there any on Aliex with 30mm spindle for BB386 type bottom brackets? I can only find the fake Ingrid copies and I don't like how it looks.

I believe the knockoff White Industries R30 cranks are also 30mm spindle.  I've bought two, the quality is impressive.  Had them side-by-side with real R30s and couldn't tell the difference.

coffeebreak

Many new discount codes on top of the existing ones have been added but the "AEUS65" off of $399 seems significant.

With that the ER9 deal is now even better since you don't need to balloon the total cart value to $499+.

TidyDinosaur

Many new discount codes on top of the existing ones have been added but the "AEUS65" off of $399 seems significant.

With that the ER9 deal is now even better since you don't need to balloon the total cart value to $499+.

God damn, most I can see is the 20USD off...

BalticSea

Are you set on the 30mm spindle? If not, Fovno Aurora Pro would work

Anyway, I ended up ordering the Riro crank arms. With 50-34 chainrings the total weight should be around 560 grams
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 05:45:43 AM by BalticSea »

Greenred

Any references for chain catchers? Preparing for my 2-by Sram red AXS gravel build...

There's the carbon fiber one for very cheap, light af, but it's attaching the chain guide and front derailleur with only one screw - not sure whether that's really an issue
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005134527460.html?spm=a2g0o.home.0.0.650c76dbAGbdoW&mp=1

Wherease there's the heavier and slightly more expensive product below, uses 2 different screws for the chain guide and the FD:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004921767224.html?spm=a2g0o.home.0.0.650c76dbAGbdoW&mp=1

Or this one which is still light...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005677621995.html

I'll run 30/46 chainrings so another question is whether this would even be effective with such small chainring.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:58:43 AM by Greenred »

Avalius

24AN80 code works in checkout now if you didn't claim it. Atleast for me it did. Good luck hunting!

coffeebreak

Are you set on the 30mm spindle? If not, Fovno Aurora Pro would work

Anyway, I ended up ordering the Riro crank arms. With 50-34 chainrings the total weight should be around 560 grams
Yes, my BB is 386EVO with 30mm bearings. Ideally, I don't want to change bearings or use reducer adapter but with exception of knock off cranks I don't see anything on Aliex. A little surprising. These Fovnos look great but I guess if I am to use reducer adapter I will rather go with 30 to 24mm and use Shimano or Riro/Racework carbon cranks.
I believe the knockoff White Industries R30 cranks are also 30mm spindle.  I've bought two, the quality is impressive.  Had them side-by-side with real R30s and couldn't tell the difference.
Thanks, those are 30mm spindle indeed. Not sure I like the look but I will check it out!

Any references for chain catchers? Preparing for my 2-by Sram red AXS gravel build...

I have no experience with AliEx chain catchers but I can tell you the Muqzi one from your list is going to be better quality than other two. Muqzi overall makes fairly better designed and finished products compared to other cheapo goodies like that e.g. v/s Racework.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:56:31 AM by coffeebreak »