Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Advice on where to buy a frame - dengfu/ican/velobuild ?

<< < (2/8) > >>

slow_poke11:

--- Quote from: RDY on October 30, 2022, 01:07:41 PM ---They tried to claim it was how they normally did it and that they didn't think people would remove the bearings (despite selling me a replacement bearing and bolt kit with the framesets and regularly selling them to others).

--- End quote ---

That's total BS. Anyone who knows anything about bikes knows that bearings can fail or that users may want to upgrade them.

slow_poke11:
Thanks for the feedback.  I've got a bit further with my decision-making process and have it down to this shortlist:

* Carbonda CFR 1056 - https://www.carbonda.com/road-frames/125.html (around USD $650 + $250 delivery)
* VB R-177 - http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/2020-vb-r-177-super-light-carbon-fiber-road-frame-disc-version-hidden-cables ($499 + $145 delivery)
* Dengfu R12 - http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/roadframe.html (haven't replied to my enquiry)
I have to be honest and say that the VB R-177 probably comes out top at the moment in terms of cost, weight, and maybe even the fact that it's T1000 carbon. 

Any other factors I should be considering? 

My priorities are probably more towards an all-rounder rather than specifically aero or lightweight, and I've always seen the Specialized tarmac as one of the best in that space. I honestly don't mind a 200g weight gain if the bike is stiff in the right places and provides flex for comfort in others.

RDY:
The 1056 or R12 will be much better built.  But you've also chosen 3 different bikes with different geo and tube profiles so you might want to think about that.

I highly doubt the 177 layup uses any T1000.  And to call it T1000 as they do is misleading anyway, as even if it did, it'd probably be less than 10%.  Chinese outfits (typically the low quality ones) use the T1000/1100 term interchangeably with high modulus / light weight.  The 177 is relatively light weight.   I'd be skeptical that VB or similar price point frames are using genuine Toray stuff anymore anyway (that's not to say Chinese equivalents are bad), given price rises.

eucalyptus:

--- Quote from: RDY on November 09, 2022, 05:25:31 AM ---The 1056 or R12 will be much better built.  But you've also chosen 3 different bikes with different geo and tube profiles so you might want to think about that.

I highly doubt the 177 layup uses any T1000.  And to call it T1000 as they do is misleading anyway, as even if it did, it'd probably be less than 10%.  Chinese outfits (typically the low quality ones) use the T1000/1100 term interchangeably with high modulus / light weight.  The 177 is relatively light weight.   I'd be skeptical that VB or similar price point frames are using genuine Toray stuff anymore anyway (that's not to say Chinese equivalents are bad), given price rises.

--- End quote ---

Can guarantee that Velobuild is not using any T1000 carbon. Their frames are amongst the heaviest ones coming out of china!

Serge_K:
my 5 cents: 177 or GF002.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version