Chinese Carbon E-Bikes > E-Bike Frames & Builds

Kabon 29er emtb

<< < (2/3) > >>

arrkaye:
Any thoughts or updates on this one?

Im tempted to leap given it looks like a good fit for me.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExtDhDF

FullCarbonAlchemist:

--- Quote from: arrkaye on January 22, 2023, 08:24:20 AM ---Any thoughts or updates on this one?

Im tempted to leap given it looks like a good fit for me.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExtDhDF

--- End quote ---

If you ride medium/17” frames I don’t see any downside…this is basically the Flybike/Carbonda e-bike version of a FM1002 with slightly more rear travel, higher leverage and a non-trunnion shock.

I think this frame is also available from Carbonda if you need other sizes…and they’d probably be better to deal with long term if you ever need replacement parts for the linkage etc.

endo.alley:

--- Quote from: FullCarbonAlchemist on January 22, 2023, 12:34:59 PM ---If you ride medium/17” frames I don’t see any downside…this is basically the Flybike/Carbonda e-bike version of a FM1002 with slightly more rear travel, higher leverage and a non-trunnion shock.

I think this frame is also available from Carbonda if you need other sizes…and they’d probably be better to deal with long term if you ever need replacement parts for the linkage etc.

--- End quote ---

The Carbonda FM E-1126 looks great. It is designed for a Shimano ep800 motor as opposed to a Bafang motor in the Kabon. I am not sure of the availability of Shimano motors as a one-off purchase.

FullCarbonAlchemist:

--- Quote from: endo.alley on January 29, 2023, 02:47:43 PM ---The Carbonda FM E-1126 looks great. It is designed for a Shimano ep800 motor as opposed to a Bafang motor in the Kabon. I am not sure of the availability of Shimano motors as a one-off purchase.

--- End quote ---

Right — I didn’t notice that part! Interesting how similar the designs are otherwise. That’s what had me convinced they were the same.

EP800s are available on eBay at least, though they mostly appear to be used…

endo.alley:
I think Shimano has an improved version of that motor coming out this spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version