Author Topic: LTWOO RX hydro sets  (Read 30215 times)

anzolin

Re: LTWOO RX hydro sets
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2024, 06:45:21 AM »
Anyone running a GR9 groupset with a large cassette?

I'm running one with a 46T cassette. It seems like the tension is too low in the smaller cogs, and when you freewheel the weight/inertia of the cassette keeps pushing the chain round causing a lot of slack and dropped chains.

Something to keep in mind if anyone is eyeing this groupset up.
I'm going to put a GRX derailleur on and see if it resolves it.

I have a friend who is using the GR9 with a Shimano HG-601 chain and Deore M5100 11-51 cassette and everything is fine with this configuration, it was a matter of making fine adjustments. Follow the video in PT-BR:

In my case, I use the GR9 with two 46/30 chainrings and an 11-34 cassette and on heavy gravel sometimes the chain jumps a little hitting the frame, what I did was adjust the cage to be more taut, tightening the screw of image:

anzolin

« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2024, 06:48:36 AM »
If you bought it from AliEx, I'd contact the store you bought the groupset from and see if they can send you replacement shifters. If not, try contacting Ltwoo directly and see if they'll replace it for you.

Thanks for the guidance. Despite having purchased the groupset more than 3 months ago on Aliexpress, the seller will send me a new one as this replacement part does not yet exist, not even Ltwoo Official has it.

anzolin

« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2024, 06:48:58 AM »
Store I bought from (80 Designer store) sent me a replacement GR9 shifter after I couldn't get it to shift right and I just had to pay shipping.
Contact the vendor and see if they can help you. If you're stateside, I have a spare right shifter I can probably get that paddle to you if you cover shipping.

Thanks for the guidance. Despite having purchased the groupset more than 3 months ago on Aliexpress, the seller will send me a new one as this replacement part does not yet exist, not even Ltwoo Official has it.

00Garza

« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2024, 10:21:47 AM »

Glad they're helping you out. Any idea what caused the break? Seems like a strange location for it to fail.

00Garza

« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2024, 10:23:56 AM »
Anyone running a GR9 groupset with a large cassette?

I'm running one with a 46T cassette. It seems like the tension is too low in the smaller cogs, and when you freewheel the weight/inertia of the cassette keeps pushing the chain round causing a lot of slack and dropped chains.

Something to keep in mind if anyone is eyeing this groupset up.
I'm going to put a GRX derailleur on and see if it resolves it.

Running an 11-46 sunrace cassette and haven't had any issues at all.

anzolin

« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2024, 10:41:45 AM »
Glad they're helping you out. Any idea what caused the break? Seems like a strange location for it to fail.

I couldn't identify the reason for the part breaking because the equipment's usage mileage is only 400 kilometers, it was very strange and I didn't apply that much force and there wasn't even a fall. Two mechanics also evaluated it and didn't know. I think I was the first to report this problem.

When a replacement part appears, I'll buy a spare so as not to have the bike sitting idle.

Despite the problem, I really liked the groupset (I use the R9 for the shifter and the GR9 as a rear derailleur), I have another gravel bike with the Shimano GRX and the Ltwoo goes well.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 10:43:55 AM by anzolin »

jonathanf2

« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2024, 07:50:25 PM »
I think it's been mentioned on this forum that LTwoo used riveted ABS plastic for the left and right shift levers. Constant applied pressure makes it susceptible to breaking. I wouldn't even bother with LTwoo mechanical levers. You'd be better off using Sensah Team Pro 11 or 12 speed shifters with LTwoo derailleurs. In fact I just built a bike with this exact same configuration (Sensah shifters, LTwoo front/rear derailleurs).

lazywalrus

« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2024, 02:20:20 PM »
I have a friend who is using the GR9 with a Shimano HG-601 chain and Deore M5100 11-51 cassette and everything is fine with this configuration, it was a matter of making fine adjustments. Follow the video in PT-BR:

In my case, I use the GR9 with two 46/30 chainrings and an 11-34 cassette and on heavy gravel sometimes the chain jumps a little hitting the frame, what I did was adjust the cage to be more taut, tightening the screw of image:

Thanks for the tip, maybe it's a skill issue on my end. Or possibly made worse by a slightly draggy freehub.
In any case I got an ok deal on a grx812 and that's completely fixed the issue.
Maybe I'll try with the gr9 again in the future when I have time to play have a closer look at it.

Edit:
Actually looking at photos of the gr9 a bit more closely, I'm wondering if there's an two versions?
I've got the first one with no cylindrical part. The second one has it, which looks a lot like some form of clutch/damping.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 02:41:46 PM by lazywalrus »

00Garza

« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2024, 03:18:14 PM »

Edit:
Actually looking at photos of the gr9 a bit more closely, I'm wondering if there's an two versions?
I've got the first one with no cylindrical part. The second one has it, which looks a lot like some form of clutch/damping.

Correct. The first was the purely mechanical version. The one with the cylindrical tensioner was when they went hydraulic. Looking at pics on Ali, there might even be a newer version GR9 with a more streamlined looking rear mech.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805399421120.html

SupraSan

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2024, 12:37:09 AM »
There is a road hydraulic group L-twoo R9 2x11 for gravel.

I want to install an MTB cassette and, accordingly, a rear derailleur with a damper

But there are no 11-speed GR9 rear derailleurs for sale.

Only visually identical 10-speed GR7 and 12-speed GRT are sold (https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005496048529.html), as well as MTB L-twoo T9 at 11 speed, which looks exactly the same (https: // aliexpress.ru/item/1005005981719066.html)

Are the rear derailleurs R9, GR7, GR9, GRT, T9 compatible with each other in terms of pull ratio?