Author Topic: Consensus on replica frames ??  (Read 9054 times)

Liter

Re: Consensus on replica frames ??
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2023, 08:28:39 AM »
Yes, you can type cervelo r5 frame in aliexpress and find such frames right away (1st i found was from the store "high quality carbon frameset store". Not exactly a confidence inspiring name). Then as you navigate among replicas (the SL7 being omnipresent), you'll see various postings or model options within a posting labelled only as "r5", which is what you're after. My issue is all these sellers seem to have very limited track record, if any at all.

Btw, the Tan Tan FM639 looks pretty similar without being a fake, doesnt it?

I would never buy a direct knockoff, was thinking more of a close copy like the Tantan, it looks brilliant never seen posted on the forum before. Thanks

Benbenben

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2023, 08:17:20 AM »
Jarkacz, which seller from Ali? Rocking cycling store/Taiwanese bike store? They are related to Yohobike.com and I have been looking at them for a while now. For some reasons, they seem reliable. However, I can't really find proper reviews. Also I am sure they sell a lot of them. They seem to be the most reliable replicas I could find.

I currently ride a vbr 218 that I like, but I am looking at building a climbing bike.

Anyone has found detailed reviews from that seller?

ChrisB

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2023, 02:39:10 AM »
Jarkacz, which seller from Ali? Rocking cycling store/Taiwanese bike store? They are related to Yohobike.com and I have been looking at them for a while now. For some reasons, they seem reliable. However, I can't really find proper reviews. Also I am sure they sell a lot of them. They seem to be the most reliable replicas I could find.

I currently ride a vbr 218 that I like, but I am looking at building a climbing bike.

I am riding a Emmonda from Yohoo bikes see my report here:
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4029.msg42719.html#msg42719

BR Chris

Serge_K

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2023, 04:25:26 AM »

If you want a climbing bike, i'll offer my 5 cents. I've been focusing on bikes that can take 32C (call me old, no worries). And that narrows the options a LOT.
Brand: Tideace / Haideli (HDL) / SP cycle / Disai
Model: 053D
Frame should be under 1kg in M, i think they do EPS / latex moulding which would 1. explain the weight and 2. make it comparatively "safer" (less chance of mistakes in the layup), 3. easier to route cables; they sometimes claim to be using T1000 (now whether that's true or not, idk, or maybe they use 10g of it and the rest is T800), and there are reviews that say good things about it (The Bespoke Cyclist on YT + at least 1 bike build video of it), and i could only find positive feedback about these brands.
Now my issue is that i'd like a frame to have a bit more of a sexy aspect to it.
Vanity...
But if i were back solving for weight, i'd probably get that one.

paracord

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2023, 06:50:11 AM »

This comes from "Taiwan Carbon Factory Store"
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3391.0.html

Yohobike had the name Kiss Kiss at that point i bought mine. They seem to be just as good. Same thing with "High quality carbon frame store"

erallen30

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »
Definitely don't buy a replica like that. It's illegal.

paracord

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2023, 05:43:52 AM »
Definitely don't buy a replica like that. It's illegal.
It depends on what country you live in.

erallen30

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »
If not illegal, it's tacky.

paracord

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2023, 02:45:22 PM »
If not illegal, it's tacky.
I think the regular bike prices have been tacky. You will soon have to be a millionare to buy a road bike.

Liter

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »
I think the regular bike prices have been tacky. You will soon have to be a millionare to buy a road bike.

entry bikes going for 4/5K, considering stocks are up I think prices will get slashed soon.

paracord

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2023, 01:35:17 PM »
entry bikes going for 4/5K, considering stocks are up I think prices will get slashed soon.
I built my F12 replica with 454 nsw replica wheels, hydraulic disc ultegra di2 and assioma duo pedals for around 4200 USD.
An original bike would be like 4K with mechanic 105 and alloy wheels instead for the same price.
My CX was built for 1500 USD, same bike is like 4K today. It was very easy to justify the replica in my case for sure.

palmettoman

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2023, 03:11:40 PM »
I bought a Workswell R-066 frame 6-7 years ago that was a copy of the R5. I didn't buy it for that reason, I bought it because the geometry looked right for me. It's a S or a 51 size frame. It's been great and I just rode it yesterday. Ultegra DI2 groupset and Zipp 404 firecrest wheels. It's quick little bike...and still naked.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 04:05:42 PM by palmettoman »

Kactusdog

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2023, 11:07:07 PM »
Ok so, I rode on bike about 1k kilometers (1150km). I dissasembly it 2 times. I didnt noticed cracking carbon of any parts inside or breaking (frame, handlebar, seatpost). BUT It has some paint scratches looks like carbon crack (seat post, seat tube). I check it many times and till now nothing change (good for me) - scratch are on outside side on paint.
The bike is very stiff, i dont feel that frame is flexible. Every parts from my previous bicycle fit well (crank, derailleurs, wheels). The frame is very difficult to mount due to internal cables and hydraulic brakes so have to be patient, have good tools and some skills, but i think its normal - in every type of internal routig frame (not only chinese version)

I bought frame from ali, size 56cm with handlebar 100x400 and glossy white paint, from seller that has shop from 2014 (7 years) and selling frames, handlebars and carbon parts. I bought it for about 750EUR with shipping.
I dont know how it works but when I add frame to basket it shows me 750EUR, but when I would like to pay for it the price changed to 600EUR. Maybe its VAT or some tax returned by law in EU. Next I added xdb shipping costs for EU for 150EUR, so overall 750EUR for frame back to my door.
Shipping lasted 3 weeks.

The package was very well protecded by foil, tape and sponge? in medium box.

Paint job is quite good. I rate it on 3 or 4 on 6 posiible (1-reprehensible, 6 perfect). The main varnish is very good and durable. But has some mistakes visible under the light, some black parts ale slightly smeared on white (thru axle mount), seat tube socket has too much paint (and its not harvested enough) and socket for screw seat tube is smeared on white too. Letters and logos are sharp and centered but I think they are not secured enough by scratching - should be additional transparent protective varnish. Seat tube socket doesnt have cover, so I had to doit by myself.

Frame has mounted perfect bottom bracket, the fork and back part of bike (rear triangle?) Its fits perfect with wheels and crankset. They are on position and central.

Steerer tube and seatpost tube has thick walls, maybe not perfect but strong enough. Seat tube looks like very durable and i think there is one layer with fiber glass (between are some spaces). Seat post has some paint crack looking strange, but when i checked it, it looks like its only paint crack.

With fork I get 2 aluminium overlapping spacers, 1 plastic spacers, 1 down pad with "ceramicspeed" logo (i dont know how its called) and 1 up pad, 3 aluminium upper rudder pads for compression, 2 headset bearings (up and down).
With seatpost I get additional clip for carbon rail of saddle

Handlebar is very good looking, like one piece made with stem, good finishing, with internal mount wire. There is garmin mount too with 2 bolts. Internal cables looks beautifull but mounting it is horrible...
There is a little disadvantage with stem. Mounting area is a little wider than should be, so when I put the handlebar on steerer tube, I had to remove some clearence with the stem bolts (i.e. should be 31.8mm and it is 31.9mm) and then remove clearence on head tube.

I sending some pictures below.
I have no time to respond for every email, im so sorry for that.
But sending pictures is simple so if U want more pictures, send me Ur email, maybe I try send u more :)

Thanks for the photos. I am looking at picking one up, with no paint, only clearcoat. Do you think I could fit 32mm tires here? I only ride in dry roads, no mud.

Takiyaki

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2023, 07:11:45 AM »
Not really, especially if you buy used. Plus with all the affordable "original" frames there's no point in buying a fake frame, unless you want to look like you spent more money than you could afford which seems to be the case with you.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 07:13:26 AM by Takiyaki »

OralMaster

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2023, 11:41:55 PM »
Not really, especially if you buy used. Plus with all the affordable "original" frames there's no point in buying a fake frame, unless you want to look like you spent more money than you could afford which seems to be the case with you.

i agree with you. I just got a fake factor ostro too. I have told my cycling group that my new bike: a prisma studio ostro frameset is coming, and i will not be riding fake bikes anymore, as i will be selling off my fake bianchi oltre xr4 disc.

I have also bought the ceramicspeed bottom bracket (in blue)to ensure no one can call out my fake bike.

and you may ask why am I doing this? its simply because i cannot afford a real ostro.