Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

IP-036 29er Full Suspension Carbon Frame Build

<< < (23/24) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
I think Plus bikes will be in racing, but not until the weight of a plus bike is closer to a race bike, it might take another couple years.  I see 27.5+ breaking into Enduro first.

charlesrg:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on June 20, 2016, 06:28:19 AM ---I just sold my IP/CS-036 this past weekend.  It was a fun bike but I'm not looking ahead to building another plus bike, probably a 27.5"x3.0" full suspension version.  Peter has a CS-M04 frame that looks pretty good.

After two years of riding the -036 I enjoyed how well it rode but after getting my 29+ bike, I found the bigger tire size just made both my 057 and 036 bikes obsolete.  The -036 has a steeper head tube angle that just made the bike feel twitchy and less stable on the fast sections, but it did climb really well, especially with the ability to control the suspension with the twin-loc remote lever.

I also have my 057 for sale, so if I also sell it, I will be looking at a new build.  I will keep you guys up to date on what happens next.

I was a little sad to see the bike go but I think my next build will be even better.  Goodbye -036.

--- End quote ---

Where are you selling them ?

I want to sell my wife 036 with XX1 + XT Brakes, + Monarch XX + SID World Cup fork.
I would also sell my M06 with same XX1 + XT Brakes, + Monarch XX + SID World Cup fork.
And could even sell my 57 with XX1 + XT Brakes +  SID World Cup

ConcreteJ:
Hi,

I've had an o36 since 2014 and still going strong. As some owners may know there's an annoying bit of play when you lift the bike off the floor. This play does not get worse over time.

i'm glad to report that the fix for this is very simple; after many years of periodically looking to see what could be causing this give, I've found the play is due to the  cylindrical bars which pass through each shock eyelet.

It seems the length of the bars are two long for the frame and need thin shims added.

This play had made me buy the RWC needle bearing kit to no affect years ago, so the mystery is now solved.

Hope this helps someone, not that the play affected the ride once you sat on the bike but I've yet to ride it off road. I might find it rattles less along the trail or brings a smoother suspension feel, not sure!!!

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: ConcreteJ on July 09, 2018, 04:43:32 PM ---It seems the length of the bars are two long for the frame and need thin shims added.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for this !!
Just to clarify, would you mind to post a picture of the shims you added ?

ConcreteJ:
Just to clarify

I don't think I described the solution properly. I have bushings in my shock eyelets . For each eyelet you have a 3 pc bush kit. The two bushings that slide over the cyclindrical pivot bar are not wide enough to take up the gap to the left and right of the frame.

To be honest, I used small rubber o-rings I had laying around as I had no metal shims to fit, but the affect will be the same.

I'll try to post pictures, but hopefully everyone will get my drift.

Well hopefully after sourcing correct size shims in metal, this will turn out to be a legit fix.

best regards

PS, I've also put up my DIY stealth dropper mod over on MTBR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version