Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Toopre mechanical disc brake calipers (post mount)

<< < (2/2)

s3si1u:

--- Quote from: hsaus on December 30, 2022, 03:45:53 PM ---Thanks for your replies and suggestions - and for your other posts that I've read!

tl;dr I'm going for TRP Spyres.

I'm already using Juin Tech F1 on another bike and I'm happy with those. However, the price of Juin Tech brakes have gone up a lot since I bought my current set, and I'm now trying for a budget build.

The newer cable/hydro brakes (ZRace/Onirii BR-[0]05) appear to only come as flat mount, and putting flat mount calipers on post mount frames seems trickier than the other way around. I found some adapters (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004921361100.html), but even if they fit, they result in having to use a 20mm larger rotor. In my case that'd mean going from 160mm to 180mm, and I don't want that.

Reviews of the Toopre brakes on Amazon were less than stellar, so I'll go with TRP Spyres.

--- End quote ---

Check out the Zoom XTech (something like that?) If you're looking for post mount cable hybrid brakes.
We got those for my girlfriend's Felt road bike. From my limited experience, they work about as well as any other similar caliper I've used before, maybe easier to install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version