Author Topic: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset  (Read 7321 times)

KvotheTheRaven

Re: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 05:29:15 PM »
FWIW I realized the geometry on this Rinasclta/Airwolf frame is the same as the Scott Addict (the endurance model, not RC).

Huh, that's interesting. I any case I ended purchasing the frame from Airwolf myself, and I'm quite happy with it.

kbike

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2023, 07:02:16 PM »
Do you guys need the correct size 7x9 saddle clamps?

Here you go.  They only provided me the 7x7 clamps when I bought this frame last year.  I'm guessing they still only send the 7x7 mount.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrs5jHS

KvotheTheRaven

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »
Do you guys need the correct size 7x9 saddle clamps?

Here you go.  They only provided me the 7x7 clamps when I bought this frame last year.  I'm guessing they still only send the 7x7 mount.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrs5jHS

My Airwolf came with 7x9, but this is good to know for those who did not get the size they wanted.

jcr

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2023, 08:43:25 AM »
Any more updates on the Rinasclta or Airwolf version? I am thinking of looking for a "All road" bike and was thinking of the Airwolf version. Sounds like it is a good bike so far besides if someone recommends something else?

Morrisch

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2023, 07:20:42 AM »
Looking to build myself a bike with this frame too. Watched most (if not all) Youtube content on this frame and now I'm a little worried about chainring clearance based on this:

YouTube Search: My Rinasclta Granite Is FINISHED! - Aero, Gravel, All Road

Patrick/patliean1: you did use shims on your crankset to increase clearance for the small chainring w.r.t. chainstay right? Was this strictly needed to enable motion or did you want to increase safety margins in case of heavy usage?

My Granite frame is complete.

Only gotten a chance to ride it up/down the block to get sone photos. Will report back after a few rides.

-Size 54
-Weight: 7.9kg w/o pedals
-Ultegra R8020 (50/34 + 11-34t)
-4iiii Power Meter
-Yoeleo 35 Gravel Wheels
-Pathfinder Pro 38c Tires
-Prime Doyenne Aero Bars
-ZIPP 130mm -17 Stem
-FSA no.69/SRS Headset
-Fully Carbon Saddle
-Supacaz Bar Tape
-Kogel Bearings Ceramic Jockey Wheels

I see you build up with Ultegra R8020 (11 speed) which has a 43.5mm chain line, whereas Shimano (but also Campagnolo) 12 speed groups have 44.5mm chain line. This will probably save a shim in my case already, as I want to build it up with Campa Chorus 12 speed (48-32T front).

Have other people experienced chainring clearance problems with this (or the equivalent Airwolf YFR066) frame?

patliean1

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2023, 08:36:48 AM »
Patrick/patliean1: you did use shims on your crankset to increase clearance for the small chainring w.r.t. chainstay right? Was this strictly needed to enable motion or did you want to increase safety margins in case of heavy usage?

You probably don't need shims, but shims are inexpensive so it doesn't hurt to have them just in case. I'm only running a 50-34t crank because it's very flat where I live. If you were running Shimano 46-36t (or SRAM AXS) it's not an issue.