Author Topic: Elves Falath EVO 2023  (Read 23672 times)

patliean1

Re: Elves Falath EVO 2023
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2023, 02:00:36 PM »
What size is that frame?

I dunno but something looks way off about it. Perhaps it's the angle/slope of the top tube  :(

Velovelo

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2023, 05:38:04 PM »
What size is that frame?

I dunno but something looks way off about it. Perhaps it's the angle/slope of the top tube  :(

Not sure of this size.

I think it looks off because the frame was built with the intention of having the stem flushed with the top tube. Stacking the stem/handlebars over the top tube level throws off the intended design effect.

RDY

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2023, 01:07:53 PM »
What size is that frame?

It's the very short top tube, present in all sizes except 61 which is instead very long ...

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2023, 04:33:38 AM »
Cam Nicholls just made a reels he received the frameset (production one this time apparently) : https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZ2JaYtbon/

Velovelo

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2023, 07:29:59 AM »

Jourdain Coleman just did an Unbox, Review & In-Depth Analysis on his youtube channel.

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2023, 07:07:14 AM »
I decided to order the frameset + wheelset + handlebar, size 61cm for me + custom paint, I'll be building the bike with ultegra di2 12s I can't wait for it, I've DMed some guys on instagram that have already ridden the bike (Elves' insta repost their stories) and for now only positive things about the bike being really stiff, one guy said it felt way better than his Scott Addict. Found some videos of the Evo builds :

The paintjob and finishes look really nice so I can't wait to receive mine !

jonathanf2

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2023, 04:29:45 PM »
I decided to order the frameset + wheelset + handlebar, size 61cm for me + custom paint, I'll be building the bike with ultegra di2 12s I can't wait for it, I've DMed some guys on instagram that have already ridden the bike (Elves' insta repost their stories) and for now only positive things about the bike being really stiff, one guy said it felt way better than his Scott Addict. Found some videos of the Evo builds :

The paintjob and finishes look really nice so I can't wait to receive mine !

Those builds look super nice! What I find funny is that you'll find these bike build videos from SE Asia that use properly calibrated tools (one video was using a digital torque wrench for the BB) and select high end components to build up their Chinese bike frames. Then you'll see some half ass build videos from the UK, buying the crappiest parts from AliExpress and then proclaim the components, frames, etc. are cheap rubbish!

ogden

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2023, 04:04:45 AM »
Quite interested in this frameset.  Waiting on Cam Nichols videos on it as he seems to be the most impartial reviewer of all this sort of stuff, even if he gets it for free. A lot of reviews seem to only say good things presumably half hoping to get more free product to review.

Yunglord

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2023, 05:52:42 PM »
Quite interested in this frameset.  Waiting on Cam Nichols videos on it as he seems to be the most impartial reviewer of all this sort of stuff, even if he gets it for free. A lot of reviews seem to only say good things presumably half hoping to get more free product to review.

Most of them get a financial kickback from purchases made using their "discount" codes.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2023, 02:29:10 AM »
Most of them get a financial kickback from purchases made using their "discount" codes.

Yeah, whenever I see a "buy" link with a so called "review" I just close the page...

Sebastian

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2023, 03:15:28 AM »
GC Performance posted a YT-vid of his Falath EVO. Apparently there is a review coming. The frame proportions do look a lot less weird on the bigger frame sizes. The sloping top tube really doesn’t work well with the chunky tube shapes on the small frames aesthetically IMO. Still, he’s got the full spacer tower beneath his bars which not only looks kinda strange, but it adds a whopping 100g to the build.

Design and geometry wise this bike still strikes me as a weird one. Can’t wait to see more builds, though.

hazzer19

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2023, 11:53:24 AM »
What size is that frame?

Agree, it's like its a straight mash up of a relaxed endurance frame and tubing of an agressive aero one

patliean1

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2023, 12:59:05 PM »
With every first-look and build video I see of this frame the less I'm intrigued. The majority of folks don't seem to be slamming the cockpit, which I assumed was the original purposed based on the super sloping top tube and tall stack height.

GC performance and I are the same height (6 feet) yet he opted for a size smaller than the geometry suggested due to the tall standover height. Same with Cam Nichols.

Either Elves is on the forefront of innovation with this new Falath EVO.....or perhaps there is a reason you don't really see major brands offering a design/geometry like this for an aero frame. And Elves has been promoting the heck out of this frame on social media which I understand, but is becoming overkill.

This is coming from a Winspace fanboy...

Velovelo

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2023, 12:01:51 AM »

I've been searching and still can't find any video of someone actually riding this frame from different camera angles so we can see the actual form of a cyclist riding this frame. The promotions from Elves so far sadly only focus on the frame's appearance. Would be nice if they made some sick shots of someone going full gas + sprinting on this thing.

Looking at GC Performance's latest build, I'm kinda still drawn to this frame.

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2023, 01:20:34 PM »
I've been searching and still can't find any video of someone actually riding this frame from different camera angles so we can see the actual form of a cyclist riding this frame. The promotions from Elves so far sadly only focus on the frame's appearance. Would be nice if they made some sick shots of someone going full gas + sprinting on this thing.

Looking at GC Performance's latest build, I'm kinda still drawn to this frame.

On Elves's insta page, you have some guys who already got the frame that rode it. Just received a message from them saying the frame will be finished next week so I might receive it before June