Author Topic: Ok I am picking up the juintechs.. what cables do you all suggest?  (Read 583 times)

Queen of Skulls

I am getting either the juin tech f1 or gt.. I havent decided... what do you all use that you like for that not spongy feeling. Also I am a 100kg rider.

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

jonathanf2

Re: Ok I am picking up the juintechs.. what cables do you all suggest?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
I am getting either the juin tech f1 or gt.. I havent decided... what do you all use that you like for that not spongy feeling. Also I am a 100kg rider.

You can go Jagwire compressionless or try some these Risk competition level brake cables. I tried the training level cables and they do give a bit more bite on the brake pull.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799961911899.html

Tijoe

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
I have Juin Tech GT-P-4s on 2 bikes.  I weight about 95kgs.   I find that on long steep descents I have to brake a lot and have had the mineral oil in them expand/boil and at first, drag on the rotors, then completely lock up.  It has taken some experimentation adjusting the clearance between the rotor and pads, so that when they heat up they don't drag on the rotor.   I use regular old Shimano brake cables and housing, and they don't flex too much.     
I believe that your rotor and pad selection will be more important than the cables.  If I upgrade or do it again, at my weight, I will go with 200s in front and 180s in back.  Currently I run 180s front and 160s in back, and am still playing around with rotors that dissipate heat better, and still worry about how good they slow me down or stop the bike.

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 11:25:12 PM »
If I remember well, it is for a road bike.
Ask the seller what is the max rotor size you can fit in the front.
As the fork may snap under torsional load if the disc is oversized.

Tijoe

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 02:06:48 PM »
That's funny.  If one increases the rotor diameter to a theoretical rotor size of good gripping cantilever brake pads on the rim, I would snap my fork?
Larger rotor diameters do create a larger twisting moment on the fork tubes. 

I really hope that the forks I have on all of my bikes will support my full weigh based on the much longer moment arm that runs from my handlebars to the center of the hub, such that if any type of brake I stop with, and/or locks up the front wheel, the bike will eject me off the front of the bike rather than snap the fork tubes. 

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:15:36 PM by Tijoe »

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 10:55:11 PM »
If I remember well, it is for a road bike.
Ask the seller what is the max rotor size you can fit in the front.

its the vb 218... Soooo I need to go down to a 80mm.  ;D ;)

I am going to run it at 160mm nothing crazy and I don't plan on some crazy hills. as I still working getting over covid.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

madmax

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 12:02:14 AM »
its the vb 218... Soooo I need to go down to a 80mm.  ;D ;)

I am going to run it at 160mm nothing crazy and I don't plan on some crazy hills. as I still working getting over covid.

I'm using jagwire cables on my VBR-218 with a Campagnolo Record groupset (rim brakes)

This is what I ordered from Amazon because the supplied cables were too short

Jagwire Cog Brake 30' Housing 5mm with L3 Liner, Black

Jagwire 4mm Derailleur Housing w/ L3 Liner, Roll/25' Black

Jagwire ZSK600 Foam for Inner Tubes/Tubes, Unisex, Adult, Black   <---- definitely get this to avoid rattling in the frame